Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  
K-70 @ Amazon for $471
Posted By: luftfluss, 12-03-2019, 07:51 AM

amazon.com : Pentax K-70 Weather-Sealed DSLR Camera, Body Only (Black) : Electronics?tag=pentaxforums-20&

This is direct from Amazon, not a third-party seller.
Views: 2,164
12-17-2019, 07:17 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Just received the camera today and the box doesn't show any significant damage. Camera and some of the accessories have certainly been repacked, so it looks like a customer return. Firing off a quick shot shows a shutter count of only 89. I have not had a chance to check everything out yet (to make sure there is no fundamental reason for the return) but everything is looking good so far.
I bought my K-70 plus 18-135mm lens off Amazon Warehouse too (for a bit cheaper than you found yours). The body was showing early signs of aperture block failure, which I presume is why they had it listed so inexpensively.

Just a quick cautionary tale for you. Be sure yours works great before the return period ends. I'd encourage you to go through a quite rigorous functions check to make sure everything is working well. Shooting wide open, stopped down, midrange apertures, shooting via OVF mode and Live View too.

12-18-2019, 05:39 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Just received the camera today and the box doesn't show any significant damage. Camera and some of the accessories have certainly been repacked, so it looks like a customer return. Firing off a quick shot shows a shutter count of only 89. I have not had a chance to check everything out yet (to make sure there is no fundamental reason for the return) but everything is looking good so far.
Thank you for your prompt feedback. 89 sounds like brand new, you had a very good opportunity as expected! It is really worthy to dig into amazon warehouse deals...