Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  
Used DFA 150-450 @ Amazon Warehouse - $1214
Posted By: luftfluss, 12-16-2019, 01:41 PM

amazon.com: Buying Choices: Pentax HD D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6ED DC AW Super-Telephoto Lens for Pentax KAF Cameras?tag=pentaxforums-20&

QuoteQuote:
Cosmetic imperfections, bigger than 1", on front of the camera body. Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

Views: 2,373
12-19-2019, 06:39 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Wow it costed me twice as much to get my copy
It was that extra 60 buck discount that made me jump. It will arrive at my Mother's home about the same time I do as I am leaving in an hour!

12-19-2019, 08:42 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
It was that extra 60 buck discount that made me jump. It will arrive at my Mother's home about the same time I do as I am leaving in an hour!
Well congrats on the purchase. I recently bought a lens from the amazon warehouse and it looked brand new. Hope you have the same luck!
12-19-2019, 07:15 PM - 1 Like   #18

It was cold sweats for a while there, knowing that lens was out there. Thanks to SSGGeezer for taking one for the team and keeping my marriage intact for one more round of LBAS denials. Enjoy the lens! I look forward to seeing pics (of the damage?) and tele subjects. Definitely on my "want" list for the future! Cheers.
12-19-2019, 07:34 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I also have had good luck with the condition of warehouse lenses with that kind of description. Hope yours is a good one.

12-20-2019, 03:28 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Please keep us updated about your new baby!
12-20-2019, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Vmax911 Quote
Well congrats on the purchase. I recently bought a lens from the amazon warehouse and it looked brand new. Hope you have the same luck!
As do I, thanks for the good wishes.

QuoteOriginally posted by Jim Dandy Quote
It was cold sweats for a while there, knowing that lens was out there. Thanks to SSGGeezer for taking one for the team and keeping my marriage intact for one more round of LBAS denials. Enjoy the lens! I look forward to seeing pics (of the damage?) and tele subjects. Definitely on my "want" list for the future! Cheers.
I understand but I am weak!

QuoteOriginally posted by fsge Quote
Please keep us updated about your new baby!
Half way to Mom;s house now. Will take images as it arrives tomorrow, and will try to put it through the ringer testing ASAP. It is cool that everyone roots for it to be a good copy here! And for someone else to drop a lot of cash on gear they can enjoy vicariously! Have a good safe holiday to all you lurkers also.
12-20-2019, 07:03 AM   #22
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

As do I, thanks for the good wishes. . . . .
Enjoy your visit with your family first and foremost

then take photos and let us know about the lens

12-20-2019, 07:27 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Fingers crossed for you!
12-20-2019, 07:33 AM   #24
Pentaxian

It is cool that everyone roots for it to be a good copy here! And for someone else to drop a lot of cash on gear they can enjoy vicariously! Have a good safe holiday to all you lurkers also.
Vicariously? I though you were going to pass it around once you get it?

Travel safely and Merry Christmas!
12-20-2019, 07:48 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Enjoy that gift to yourself. I hope it's a keeper.
12-20-2019, 08:29 AM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just saw this thread, my evil plan worked!

Good show SSGeezer!

Now hit the gym and practice your 5lb curls, heh.

Joking aside, I hope it comes through OK and you love yours as much as I do mine

Don't worry if it needs a fair bit of AF fine tune... mine did, but once it is set, it is awesome.
Eric

As do I, thanks for the good wishes.

I understand but I am weak!

Half way to Mom;s house now. Will take images as it arrives tomorrow, and will try to put it through the ringer testing ASAP. It is cool that everyone roots for it to be a good copy here! And for someone else to drop a lot of cash on gear they can enjoy vicariously! Have a good safe holiday to all you lurkers also.
12-20-2019, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Please tell Mom that we appreciate her giving you to us!
12-21-2019, 02:03 PM - 1 Like   #28
Veteran Member

Arrived this afternoon and there was no apparent damage. I suspect it was just returned due to a spouse or significant other getting mad so a reason to return it had to be created.
It is beautiful and works brilliantly on my K1.
On my phones now and will post the images later. Seems like I got the deal of the year, or nearly!😀
12-21-2019, 02:38 PM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Seems like I got the deal of the year, or nearly!😀
Congratulations, glad to hear the first impressions are favorable. Enjoy the new lens but don't forget to spend some time with your Mom.
12-21-2019, 02:43 PM - 1 Like   #30
Veteran Member

Mom's cat next to my rental car. Click the link to see larger.
Open at 450mm cropped to 840 by 573
If you are wondering why there are no pictures of the lens itself, it is because it was immaculate! the box had two tiny dents the size of my pinky fingernail, and the lens had obviously been taken out of the box, but the warranty and instruction cards were in the box as well as the case and strap.( Laying on top of the lens in the case.)

The zoom is tight from 150 to 250 or so but the lock works, the focus limiter also, and I will have to watch a you tube to see how to use the other built in gadgets to focus. The glass is perfect, there are no extraneous marks on it, and after 100 shots, it appears to be functioning perfectly. So thank you angry spouse/partner for getting this sent back!
here is Murray again!