Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
KP with battery grip for $750
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 04-30-2020, 09:26 PM

B&H has the KP in black or silver with a battery grip for $749.99.
Views: 1,161
04-30-2020, 10:12 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice find!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-01-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I already have the KP, but no battery grip. I have often thought about buying the battery grip. I still have my K-30, I could sell it and purchase this one with the battery grip. Two KP's would be ok. But I still would like to know about the reported new DSLR from Pentax first.
05-04-2020, 07:31 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
But I still would like to know about the reported new DSLR from Pentax first.
Don't we all!

05-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #5

Damn. I just bought a KP from B&H for about the same price with no grip. Still eligible for return. I hope they can just adjust the price and send me a grip.
05-05-2020, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wingincamera Quote
I already have the KP, but no battery grip. I have often thought about buying the battery grip. I still have my K-30, I could sell it and purchase this one with the battery grip. Two KP's would be ok. ......
Wrong, two KP's is fantastic!!!
05-05-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by snakebite Quote
Damn. I just bought a KP from B&H for about the same price with no grip. Still eligible for return. I hope they can just adjust the price and send me a grip.
It's generally their policy to match Adorama's offers, so you should be able to get the same freebie if you contact them. That said, I'm not sure if the virus will impact that policy at all.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-05-2020, 07:26 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I’m glad you posted this and I saw it today. My KP’s intermittent problem became permanent day before yesterday. I tried to talk myself into waiting for a month before replacing it, but that didn’t work, so decided that I might as well try a grip while I’m at it. My hands are small and I don’t know if it would be too much, but since it’s the same price as the bare camera - why not? I don’t have to use the grip, and I get a replacement camera.

Hot dogs for the rest of the month for me. Or maybe peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Thanks for spotting this and posting it!
05-05-2020, 09:21 PM   #9

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It's generally their policy to match Adorama's offers, so you should be able to get the same freebie if you contact them. That said, I'm not sure if the virus will impact that policy at all.
I called them up and asked if they would throw in the battery pack to match their current offer. They agreed, I think. Lol. He said they would shoot me an email when it shipped, but there was no discussion of price, which has me a little confused, since I paid less than their current offer by about $28. But hey, I'll take a free battery pack if they'll go for that. I didn't see any adjustment on my order history, so I'm a little dubious. Hopefully, it pans out. They seem to be understaffed due to the virus; it took them about a week and a half to ship the KP after I ordered it.
05-06-2020, 08:47 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I was seriously considering a KP to replace a very beat up K-3. I really like the idea of a small secondary body and most of my crop glass is sitting unused. My main issue that I only have LI-90s, and the KP uses the smaller battery. The additional battery grip allows LI-90s, but I didn't want to pay that additional cost. This deal puts the KP into a lot better position as a k-3 successor (other than battery life without grip, one card slot,. and small buffer). Used K-3 prices are quite high right now due to the low supply.
05-06-2020, 02:06 PM   #11

B&H got in touch about the price difference. They wanted to charge me $114 for the 3 freebies (cheap camera bag, 32Gig SD card, and a camera strap) that I got when I bought the KP. I offered to send them back in a straight trade for the battery pack, so they eventually just said to keep everything and they would send the battery pack in exchange for charging me the difference in price between the two packages, which was $27. Killer deal.