Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread

Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow
Posted By: kinkindoll, 06-23-2020, 12:01 AM

Hi, Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow. Hope they will do discount on DFA 85 F1.4

EDIT - Link added................ https://pentax.com.au/

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-23-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Views: 6,287
06-25-2020, 09:56 PM - 1 Like   #31
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
Don't know, still struggling to get this lens, 15% discount is good if compare to the price in US or EUR...

The price AUD 2244 after discounted to me is still expensive considering the current economy, and the size is another concern but seems this lens have a good balance with K1, anyway, still have few days to pull the trigger...
Hi Kink

Look on the bright side .
You'll have at least a month to get in shape before it arrives.
Don't be shy.

Dave

06-26-2020, 05:50 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I know, I know, I know, I...........

To quote another poster ......aaaaaarrrrgh!
You know you want to! Since I got my DFA 150-450 I suspect it is probably the best thing in my life currently! The large grip with the battery grip changes everything with the way the KP feels and brings it to within 10 grams of what the K-3 weighs. That is your budget unscheduled spending spree if your significant other and your bank account aren't fans of the 150-450.
06-28-2020, 09:24 PM - 1 Like   #33
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
You know you want to! Since I got my DFA 150-450 I suspect it is probably the best thing in my life currently! The large grip with the battery grip changes everything with the way the KP feels and brings it to within 10 grams of what the K-3 weighs. That is your budget unscheduled spending spree if your significant other and your bank account aren't fans of the 150-450.
Well, really could not afford to spring for the 150-450mm, much as I want to. So I will just have to continue to drool over it. Maybe Christmas.

But did spring for the D-BG7 battery grip, which also made it necessary to spring for the Large Grip Kit for the KP Body, as the D-BG7 must be used on a KP with the Large grip. At least I can now have 2 batteries ready to go, when on a shoot, instead of having to change batteries.

Might spring for the greater capacity D LI90 battery down the track. But having already invested in two spare D LI109 I'll see how having two ready to go in camera and grip goes. I am curious to see how different the camera will feel in hand with the larger grip and the battery grip - esp for shooting in portrait mode, where I believe the battery grip has a better placed shutter release
06-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, really could not afford to spring for the 150-450mm, much as I want to. So I will just have to continue to drool over it. Maybe Christmas.

But did spring for the D-BG7 battery grip, which also made it necessary to spring for the Large Grip Kit for the KP Body, as the D-BG7 must be used on a KP with the Large grip. At least I can now have 2 batteries ready to go, when on a shoot, instead of having to change batteries.

Might spring for the greater capacity D LI90 battery down the track. But having already invested in two spare D LI109 I'll see how having two ready to go in camera and grip goes. I am curious to see how different the camera will feel in hand with the larger grip and the battery grip - esp for shooting in portrait mode, where I believe the battery grip has a better placed shutter release
The battery grip includes the large handgrip, so it might be worth amending your order if it's not too late. I bought the battery grip but ended up selling it as it changed the handling profile of the KP quite significantly and it wasn't as useful for portrait shots as I had thought it might be.

06-28-2020, 10:59 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
The battery grip includes the large handgrip, so it might be worth amending your order if it's not too late. I bought the battery grip but ended up selling it as it changed the handling profile of the KP quite significantly and it wasn't as useful for portrait shots as I had thought it might be.

That is weird. One part of the Pentax.com.au ad for the battery grip include a phrase (regarding the large grip) that it was "included with the battery grip". But the "What's in the Box" section didn't. So I ran and asked specifically and got told "No" and that the web page would be amended, as they inisisted the Large Grip was not included with the battery grip. When did you buy your Battery Grip? I noticed the web page on the battery grip no longer refers to the Large Grip

Also concerned that you didn't find the battery grip improved portrait mode that much.
06-28-2020, 11:41 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is weird. One part of the Pentax.com.au ad for the battery grip include a phrase (regarding the large grip) that it was "included with the battery grip". But the "What's in the Box" section didn't. So I ran and asked specifically and got told "No" and that the web page would be amended, as they inisisted the Large Grip was not included with the battery grip. When did you buy your Battery Grip? I noticed the web page on the battery grip no longer refers to the Large Grip

Also concerned that you didn't find the battery grip improved portrait mode that much.
I bought mine about 9 months ago I think, certainly less than a year ago, so things might have changed.
06-29-2020, 12:44 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
I bought mine about 9 months ago I think, certainly less than a year ago, so things might have changed.
Thanks for the quick reply, Carl

06-29-2020, 04:54 AM   #38
Veteran Member

The large grip was included a year and a half ago and I see no reason why it would not be. That is how I sent mt extra to another forum member since there is no reason t keep two. You can always return the extra one you ordered if the battery grip packaging is the same as it always has been.
06-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #39

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
if the new 85 F1.4 is great , the discounted price is very attractive. A lot of damage to my wallet and i may get kill by my wifey....
The old: "I've had this for years!" works all the time...
06-29-2020, 05:54 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I loved the grip on my KP.

Bought my battery grip this time last year, and it came with the Large grip included. I personally found that the portrait orientation felt more comfortable in my hand than the landscape orientation (the vertical part of the grip was better moulded for my hand).

The KP is still not all that big a camera even with the grip added. The advantage of the added battery life does, I think, make it particularly worthwhile on the KP. I found that I was running out of battery frequently without it, but with the larger battery in the grip it took heaps of shots before needing a recharge (I already had these from my K-5 ii and K-01).

But I don't think grips are for everybody. I came to like the KP in my hand both with and without battery grip eventually (hated it at first because the K-5ii felt so much better in my hand). I'm sort of sad that I let my KP go, but I couldn't afford to hang onto it and buy a K-1 ii! Maybe I'll pick up another one some day - it seems to me that it might eventually become a bit of a classic.

Incidentally, the K-1 grip can be had from B&H right now, imported to Oz for a smidge over $270. CRK has it also for $319 (via DCXpert on Amazon).
06-29-2020, 06:06 PM - 4 Likes   #41
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I paid full price, but I should get it well before 20th July
As it turns out, I was not going to get my pre-order any earlier than the rest

So I have cancelled my original pre-order an re-ordered at the discounted price
06-29-2020, 06:11 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I bought the Battery Grip from CR Kennedy, and the Large KP grip was definitely included.
In contrast to others, I found the battery grip absolutely transformed the ergonomics of the KP with large lenses (I often use the DFA150-450 with it).
Take it off when travelling with a bag of Limited primes and you can have the best of both worlds.
06-29-2020, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
The old: "I've had this for years!" works all the time...
If they notice, then you clearly don't have enough camera gear.
06-29-2020, 06:11 PM   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
I loved the grip on my KP.

Bought my battery grip this time last year, and it came with the Large grip included. I personally found that the portrait orientation felt more comfortable in my hand than the landscape orientation (the vertical part of the grip was better moulded for my hand).

The KP is still not all that big a camera even with the grip added. The advantage of the added battery life does, I think, make it particularly worthwhile on the KP. I found that I was running out of battery frequently without it, but with the larger battery in the grip it took heaps of shots before needing a recharge (I already had these from my K-5 ii and K-01).

But I don't think grips are for everybody. I came to like the KP in my hand both with and without battery grip eventually (hated it at first because the K-5ii felt so much better in my hand). I'm sort of sad that I let my KP go, but I couldn't afford to hang onto it and buy a K-1 ii! Maybe I'll pick up another one some day - it seems to me that it might eventually become a bit of a classic.

Incidentally, the K-1 grip can be had from B&H right now, imported to Oz for a smidge over $270. CRK has it also for $319 (via DCXpert on Amazon).
It seems the grip is a personal thing, seeing the contrast between your comments, and Carlb's comments. I feel a little more optimistic in looking forward to trying it after your comments here, Damien - thank you for that. I never once ran out of battery juice with the K50, but the KP is really underpowered with its battery - I need to change it quite frequently.

It is curious re the mixup on whether the Large Grip for the camera body is or is not included - both you and Carlb state it was included with your Battery grips, and that is also what the Pentax.com.au advertisement said, until I specifically rang and asked for confirmation on that point, and they said the web site ad was wrong and they were going to correct it.

It is going to be a wait and see. The battery grip is expected in stock on 20/7/20, so it is going to be a bit of a wait.

But thanks for the encouraging comments, Damien - appreciated!
06-29-2020, 06:20 PM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It is curious re the mixup on whether the Large Grip for the camera body is or is not included - both you and Carlb state it was included with your Battery grips, and that is also what the Pentax.com.au advertisement said, until I specifically rang and asked for confirmation on that point, and they said the web site ad was wrong and they were going to correct it.
Ah yes...I meant to comment on this. I do remember being confused about whether or not the battery grip included the large camera grip as well. At the time, it was something like you described - it was implied in one part of the product page but not another. I ordered anyway, and was happy to find that the large grip was indeed provided.

If recall correctly, the purchase of a KP in some other markets includes all three camera grips. Maybe Pentax does ship the battery grips without the large grip in some markets because of this.