Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow
Posted By: kinkindoll, 06-23-2020, 12:01 AM

Hi, Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow. Hope they will do discount on DFA 85 F1.4

EDIT - Link added................ https://pentax.com.au/

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-23-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Views: 6,245
06-29-2020, 07:41 PM - 1 Like   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, it seems that everyone who bought the Battery Grip here in Oz found it came with the Large Grip. I won't unpack my large grip when it arrives (it was in stock) but will wait for the Battery Grip to arrive, and ask for a return if the Large Grip does indeed still come with the Battery grip.

Thanks, Sandy and SSSGeezer for the comments and info.

PS: According to the Consignment Tracker, the Large Grip has already arrived at the Brisbane Depot from Melbourne!!!!!

06-29-2020, 09:08 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
PS: According to the Consignment Tracker, the Large Grip has already arrived at the Brisbane Depot from Melbourne!!!!!
CRK have always been super-fast with anything I've purchased that is in stock.
06-29-2020, 10:08 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
CRK have always been super-fast with anything I've purchased that is in stock.
Like scary fast. Sometimes I order one evening and it arrives to Adelaide next day.
06-29-2020, 10:15 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Like scary fast. Sometimes I order one evening and it arrives to Adelaide next day.
They know a good customer when they see one.

06-29-2020, 10:19 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FWIW I have small hands so that may well have been a factor in why I didn't really get along with the battery grip. But.......I bought and sold it before I bought the 55-300 and I can definitely see how the battery grip on the bottom would help the balance when using that lens with the KP. I would dearly love to buy something in the sale but I don't actually need anything now (I know I could get chucked off the forum for that last comment!!) and I would have a hell of a job trying to explain to my wife why another grip has just turned up on the doorstep after buying and selling the previous one in less than 6 months.

But I might well definitely be in the market for the new 21mm when that is released.

---------- Post added 06-30-2020 at 01:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
They're always very quick getting stuff to this side of the country too.
06-29-2020, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #51
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
But I might well definitely be in the market for the new 21mm when that is released.
Get in line.
06-30-2020, 12:11 AM   #52
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
Get in line.
+1 here.

06-30-2020, 12:20 AM   #53
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
CRK ordered Thursday evening . recieved today (Tuesday),and the same from DCW.

Can't complain.

Dave
06-30-2020, 12:59 AM - 1 Like   #54
Pentaxian

I casually mentioned the sale to my wife last night and her reply was "15% isn't enough, it's got to be at least 20%".
The US price is US $1896.95.
Converted to AU $ including 10% GST that's at least AU $3043.53.

Compared to the discounted Pentax Australia price the latter represents at least a 26% discount (even without including shipping from the US)!

I don't think you'll see an offer like that from Pentax Australia any time soon again.
06-30-2020, 02:40 AM   #55
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I don't think you'll see an offer like that from Pentax Australia any time soon again.
Probably in September.

Excellent observation though. For here on I am going to express the discounts I've received in terms of importing from the US!
06-30-2020, 02:59 AM - 2 Likes   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The US price is US $1896.95.
Converted to AU $ including 10% GST that's at least AU $3043.53.

Compared to the discounted Pentax Australia price the latter represents at least a 26% discount (even without including shipping from the US)!

I'm going to use this approach with my wife. Let's see how we go!!
06-30-2020, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #57
Pentaxian

I'm going to use this approach with my wife. Let's see how we go!!
Good luck!

The US prices are normally the lowest world-wide. They are often the result of significant purchasing power and don't have any tax on them.

In my experience, seeing prices lower than those elsewhere in the world is really unusual.

N.B., I wouldn't count on the price coming down. Ricoh appears to keep prices pretty stable for their premium products (I like it!) and the lens seems to be in high demand. I don't see any reasons to be hopeful for future deals becoming better. Just my 2 cents, they could be worth nothing!

P.S.: You might get a better warranty deal locally and it won't be a grey import (unlike a US purchase).
06-30-2020, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #58

I found it quite interesting that dcxpert's (eBay store) DFA100 WR was more expensive than CR Kennedy's. Normally it's cheaper and I'd wait for the sweet eBay 15-20% off, but I pulled the pin on that lens cause it was cheaper off the Pentax webstore and I suspect prices might go up a little for it...

I feel really stupid having sold off my copy cause I didn't use it much, only to buy it again (at a higher price) cause I missed it. I guess that'll teach me to never sell lenses.
06-30-2020, 01:40 PM - 1 Like   #59

Original Poster
I pull my trigger finally for the DFA 85 f1.4 this morning, they still have 15% off. I was keep thinking of this lens this few days, the temptation is big and cannot resist. Now I feel angry to myself of spending money during the pandemic, need to smuggle this lens and hope my wife will not uptight with me.
06-30-2020, 04:08 PM   #60
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Munki Quote
I found it quite interesting that dcxpert's (eBay store) DFA100 WR was more expensive than CR Kennedy's. Normally it's cheaper and I'd wait for the sweet eBay 15-20% off, but I pulled the pin on that lens cause it was cheaper off the Pentax webstore and I suspect prices might go up a little for it...
Lot of bang for buck in that lens.

I've found the prices to be a bit random. Most items seem to be a little cheaper direct through CRK at the moment, though I found some exceptions. Keep an eye on Amazon too, as DCX is selling there now too (K-1 battery grip is cheaper there).

Problem with eBay is that, on all the higher priced items, you're often capped at a $300 saving. Of course the 100mm doesn't hit that. Paid $559.20 for mine via eBay DCX using a code in 2018. Amazing lens at that price!