Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread

Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow
Posted By: kinkindoll, 06-23-2020, 12:01 AM

Hi, Pentax Australia is doing 15% off for a week starting from tomorrow. Hope they will do discount on DFA 85 F1.4

EDIT - Link added................ https://pentax.com.au/

Last edited by Unregistered User 8; 06-23-2020 at 01:18 AM.
Views: 6,284
06-30-2020, 04:24 PM   #61

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Lot of bang for buck in that lens.

I've found the prices to be a bit random. Most items seem to be a little cheaper direct through CRK at the moment, though I found some exceptions. Keep an eye on Amazon too, as DCX is selling there now too (K-1 battery grip is cheaper there).

Problem with eBay is that, on all the higher priced items, you're often capped at a $300 saving. Of course the 100mm doesn't hit that. Paid $559.20 for mine via eBay DCX using a code in 2018. Amazing lens at that price!
You are right, I bought the DA40 XS the pancake lens thru DCX on Amazon, it is only 150ish, much cheaper than Pentax AU or ebay DCX

06-30-2020, 04:40 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
I pull my trigger finally for the DFA 85 f1.4 this morning, they still have 15% off. I was keep thinking of this lens this few days, the temptation is big and cannot resist. Now I feel angry to myself of spending money during the pandemic, need to smuggle this lens and hope my wife will not uptight with me.
The 85mm isn't on the website any more. I must say that I was tempted to buy it after seeing some of the photo's people have been putting up, even though I don't shoot full frame and I don't have a realistic reason for having an 85mm lens.
06-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
The 85mm isn't on the website any more.
I was struggling to find it today too. Still there, but 'Backorder - No Stock'... Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 ED SDM AW W/C 22890 | Ricoh Australia

Not sure then when the next shipment will be. Presume it means that the July shipment is well and truly sold out though.
06-30-2020, 05:31 PM - 1 Like   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Large Grip kit arrived around 10:00am this morning. Ordered around midday Monday, arrives around 10:00 am Wednesday - impressive. I will leave it packed until I receive the Battery Grip to see if I end up with two large grips!!

06-30-2020, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #65

Original Poster
I was struggling to find it today too. Still there, but 'Backorder - No Stock'... Pentax-D FA* 85mm f/1.4 ED SDM AW W/C 22890 | Ricoh Australia

Not sure then when the next shipment will be. Presume it means that the July shipment is well and truly sold out though.
a week ago i checked the ETA is about mid to late July. I placed my order this morning the status is no stock. I am not rush for this lens just wanna secure the 15% discount
06-30-2020, 05:50 PM   #66
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The 85mm isn't on the website any more. I must say that I was tempted to buy it after seeing some of the photo's people have been putting up, even though I don't shoot full frame and I don't have a realistic reason for having an 85mm lens.
Hi Carl

Yep still there
In the DFA section left hand bottom row or on page 2 if you are viewing all lenses.

Dave
06-30-2020, 06:55 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Carl

Yep still there
In the DFA section left hand bottom row or on page 2 if you are viewing all lenses.

Dave
Aaahh.....I was looking in the DA* section. Not to worry - I'm going to wait for the 21mm next year.

07-27-2020, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The battery grip includes the large handgrip, so it might be worth amending your order if it's not too late. I bought the battery grip but ended up selling it as it changed the handling profile of the KP quite significantly and it wasn't as useful for portrait shots as I had thought it might be.
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The large grip was included a year and a half ago and I see no reason why it would not be. That is how I sent mt extra to another forum member since there is no reason t keep two. You can always return the extra one you ordered if the battery grip packaging is the same as it always has been.
I loved the grip on my KP.

Bought my battery grip this time last year, and it came with the Large grip included.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I bought the Battery Grip from CR Kennedy, and the Large KP grip was definitely included.
Ah yes...I meant to comment on this. I do remember being confused about whether or not the battery grip included the large camera grip as well. At the time, it was something like you described - it was implied in one part of the product page but not another. I ordered anyway, and was happy to find that the large grip was indeed provided.

If recall correctly, the purchase of a KP in some other markets includes all three camera grips. Maybe Pentax does ship the battery grips without the large grip in some markets because of this.
Well folks, surprise surprise - the battery grip did come with the large grip included!!

No problem with C. R. Kennedy when I rang and explained. They are immediately organising for a refund and a courier to pick up the return of one of the large grips!!!
07-27-2020, 08:26 PM   #69
dbs
Pentaxian

Hi K2

I was all excited there for a minute thinking a new sale was about to start........................

Dave
07-28-2020, 01:01 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi K2

I was all excited there for a minute thinking a new sale was about to start........................

Dave
Sorry to burst your bubble, Dave!! I suspect we won't see another one here in Oz until Christmas, unless eBay throws one on that includes DCxpert.
07-28-2020, 01:08 AM   #71
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Sorry to burst your bubble, Dave!! I suspect we won't see another one here in Oz until Christmas, unless eBay throws one on that includes DCxpert.
Father's Day is a possibility.

Last edited by DamienW; 07-28-2020 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Duplicated quote
07-28-2020, 01:45 AM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Father's Day is a possibility.
Now you may have burst my bubble, Damien - if it turns out that if I had waited a couple of months to buy my Metz M400 flash, flash diffusor, and Hahnel 6 piece camera cleaning kit (all bought just last week) I might have saved 10 or 15%.
07-28-2020, 02:59 AM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Now you may have burst my bubble, Damien - if it turns out that if I had waited a couple of months to buy my Metz M400 flash, flash diffusor, and Hahnel 6 piece camera cleaning kit (all bought just last week) I might have saved 10 or 15%.
Oops...sorry!

I might be wrong. I had it in my head that they did a Father's Day thing last year, but I can't find any evidence of it (perhaps somebody with superior Google-fu skills will have better luck confirming or otherwise).

They did do a Spring 15% off back in Sept 2017 though, so we can hope!

I was hoping to put aside enough to get the 15-30mm by then. Couldn't squeeze it in for this past sale - already pushing my luck!
07-29-2020, 09:58 PM   #74
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just having a look at the site again today and noticed the DFA*85/1.4 in now listed as arriving 24 Aug, but price has gone up considerably, it was $2640.00 now $2899.00. Seems like it will be quiet some time until I will think about getting one unfortunately. Pity.
07-30-2020, 03:35 AM   #75
dbs
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Just having a look at the site again today and noticed the DFA*85/1.4 in now listed as arriving 24 Aug, but price has gone up considerably, it was $2640.00 now $2899.00. Seems like it will be quiet some time until I will think about getting one unfortunately. Pity.
The Aussie dollar is not worth &%^%& .
The last 2 deliveries have been costlier than the last.

Dave