Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread

Sirui Filters on sale at Adorama
Posted By: micromacro, 06-27-2020, 03:42 PM

https://www.adorama.com/l/?searchinfo=sirui+filter

I bought circular and 100mm filters today. There are not much reviews on these filters, and I don't khow if they are good.

I found the video about it

Views: 2,606
07-16-2020, 06:41 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How do they compare with Marumi stuff? I'm a huge fan of Marumi and been buying them for my lenses, but the Sirui sale prices are pretty tempting..

07-16-2020, 06:42 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
You have the rectangular filters? What are you using now to hold them? I think I might have a spare 100mm NISi holder I was going to sell but seeing as you're a fellow Floridian, and a Pentaxian at that....
PM me.
I use the filter holder specifically for Laowa 12 mm lens, the light version for now.

https://www.adorama.com/vefh12ol.html?

---------- Post added 07-16-20 at 06:56 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by awscreo Quote
How do they compare with Marumi stuff? I'm a huge fan of Marumi and been buying them for my lenses, but the Sirui sale prices are pretty tempting..
That would be interesting to compare. Marumi 110x150 Graduated ND8 for magnetic filter holder is priced at Adorama for $219.99. Both filters, Sirui non magnetic graduated filter and that Marumi filter made of Schott B270 glass. If it matters of course. Perhaps the price difference is about coating. Or marketing? )))

07-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
I use the filter holder specifically for Laowa 12 mm lens, the light version for now.

That would be interesting to compare. Marumi 110x150 Graduated ND8 for magnetic filter holder is priced at Adorama for $219.99. Both filters, Sirui non magnetic graduated filter and that Marumi filter made of Schott B270 glass. If it matters of course. Perhaps the price difference is about coating. Or marketing? )))

Oh, nevermind then
07-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I think the Sirui filters on adorama are the older (or the lesser) series compared to the ones sold on B&H right? The ones on B&H are S-Pro series, slim profile ones. Maybe Adorama is offloading the older series to stock up on those newer ones?

The price is amazing though, if they are decent enough, i'd gamble and pick them up. 72mm cpl and nd10 would cost me less than 1 49mm Marumi CPL lol..

07-16-2020, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #20
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think the Sirui filters on adorama are the older (or the lesser) series compared to the ones sold on B&H right? The ones on B&H are S-Pro series, slim profile ones. Maybe Adorama is offloading the older series to stock up on those newer ones?.
I compared the signs on the actual filter. They are identical: one from the image I linked from BH for $149.90, and one I have in the front of me now. It's SIRUI Pro RGND16 Reverse GND 16(1.2). Buying filters is way more confusing than buying cameras or lenses! )))
07-16-2020, 07:20 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I compared the signs on the actual filter. They are identical: one from the image I linked from BH for $149.90, and one I have in the front of me now. It's SIRUI Pro RGND16 Reverse GND 16(1.2).
I see. I'm looking at this one - https://www.adorama.com/sinanmccir72.html? - photo doesn't show any markings lol.
I guess i'll just pick it up, cheap enough for the gamble. If it's not good, i'll grab a Marumi later on)
07-16-2020, 07:23 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Oh, nevermind then
I actually think about finding the universal filter holder for all lenses, from 49mm to 77mm, but have no idea which one will be the best. Still exploring this unknown territory )).

07-16-2020, 07:30 AM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I see. I'm looking at this one - https://www.adorama.com/sinanmccir72.html? - photo doesn't show any markings lol.
I guess i'll just pick it up, cheap enough for the gamble. If it's not good, i'll grab a Marumi later on)
Oh, I see. I bought this filter, only 77mm.

I used that filter on Tamron 77-200 yesterday. It's hard to say how I like it, or compare with cheap Rocketfish filters, I was paying more attention to ND filters.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-16-2020, 07:40 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Original Poster
here is not edited version of the last image
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-16-2020, 07:45 AM   #25
Veteran Member

here is not edited version of the last image
Thanks for samples! Ordered a cpl and nd10, hope they're not too bad i think ND10 would be cool either way, i tend to use it for B&W only so as long as it doesn't affect sharpness too much, color cast is not a big deal. I'll see how the cpl stacks up to the marumi and nisi filters i have.
07-16-2020, 07:50 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for samples! Ordered a cpl and nd10, hope they're not too bad i think ND10 would be cool either way, i tend to use it for B&W only so as long as it doesn't affect sharpness too much, color cast is not a big deal. I'll see how the cpl stacks up to the marumi and nisi filters i have.
I have ND 10 stops for 67mm filter, did not use it yet, it's for my light travel Canon lens 10-18mm. If you want, I can take pictures of this filter, you can see what you will receive
07-16-2020, 07:53 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter

I actually think about finding the universal filter holder for all lenses, from 49mm to 77mm, but have no idea which one will be the best. Still exploring this unknown territory )).
or use step rings
07-16-2020, 08:12 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Original Poster
or use step rings
There is not thread on Laowa filter, it's light ))) version.

I was thinking about investing in separate holder set with the rings. Need to do the home work to find out which one.
07-16-2020, 08:23 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

There is not thread on Laowa filter, it's light ))) version.

I was thinking about investing in separate holder set with the rings. Need to do the home work to find out which one.
See, that's what happens when I assume too much. Thanks for the edimication Lana

I have separate holders from both NISi, two of those actually, and Cokin and lots of brass adapter rings from 49-82...
I don't think that type will do you any good tho if your lens doesn't have front threads.

Let me know what you find. I ended up going with a sensor ND for those times my NISi isn't practical or useable. Have not yet tried it tho so can't yet recommend it.

Last edited by gatorguy; 07-16-2020 at 08:36 AM.
07-16-2020, 08:24 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Sirui 10 stops ND 67mm filter

---------- Post added 07-16-20 at 08:28 AM ----------

Thanks for the edimication Lana
It was not my intention at all ))). You know way more than I do. I feel like a total idiot actually with all this "what I need" stuff
" Cokin and lots of brass adapter rings from 49-82..."

that the one I'm thinking about for the rest of my lens LBA collection )))
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Last edited by micromacro; 07-16-2020 at 08:41 AM.