Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Pentax Dedicated TTL Hot Shoe Adapter FG for Off Camera Flash. Closeout $25
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 07-13-2020, 05:22 AM

I've never heard of this accessory but Adorama's morning email shows it at closeout price of $25
Views: 324
07-13-2020, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the post. That is a decent price on an item that is becoming hard to source.* It is an interesting accessory and allows wired off-camera TTL flash in conjuction with the built-in flash when used with the Extension Cord F 5P (or similar) and Off-camera Adapter F or compatible flash. The photo below does not show the Hot Shoe Adapter FG, but does show other compatible components intended to be used together. Compatible flash such the AF540FG and others having the 5P fitting may be cabled directly and even daisy chained with various combinations of feet and cables.

One obvious use is for mixing optical wireless P-TTL (built-in flash as master/controller) with radio wireless lighting using a wireless controller on the remote shoe.

Steve

*It is current product with Pentax, but a bit of an anachronism given lack of cabled support from any current flash or cameras.

Last edited by stevebrot; 07-13-2020 at 10:27 AM.
07-13-2020, 01:33 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Wow! That was quick. They are all gone now!

Steve
07-13-2020, 08:08 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Wow! That was quick. They are all gone now!

Steve
When used with the long 5p cord the off camera flash adapter is very useful. I have coupled 2 long 5 p cords to get my flash 14 [plus or minus] feet from my camera, very handy with no wireless issues....not for everyone but I use it just fine... useful in my portable blind in morning light for wildlife.....