Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Pentax FA* 600/4
Posted By: clickclick, 07-14-2020, 11:53 AM

Saw this beauty on eBay. No relation to the seller:

?Super Rare MINT in Case?Pentax FA Star 600mm f/4 ED IF Lens K Mount from JAPAN | eBay
Views: 1,121
07-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have one of these I'd like to sell you think ebay is the best place to do it?

I'm in Kentucky and I tried to sell to a couple dealers and they were well less than fair? Said Pentax has no market yadda yadda
07-21-2020, 07:48 AM - 3 Likes   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by EXman Quote

I'm in Kentucky and I tried to sell to a couple dealers and they were well less than fair? Said Pentax has no market yadda yadda
Why don't you put it up for sale in the Forum Marketplace?
07-21-2020, 09:03 AM - 4 Likes   #4
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

As Volley said, here is best. Become a site supporter for a whole lot less than what flea bay takes as a percentage, and here you know you have the target audience. Totally a common sense decision.

07-21-2020, 05:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah... I'm new here and i have a good rep at ebay though. might explore this...
07-21-2020, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #6
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah... I'm new here and i have a good rep at ebay though. might explore this...
It is 20 buck versus 10%. Do the math.
07-21-2020, 08:43 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can certainly point people to your eBay account so they can see you have a good rep.
07-21-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
It is 20 buck versus 10%. Do the math.

It's not the Math its the people don't know me here type thing.

I have 20K posts at Anandtech forums (computer nerdiness) and 200+ trading heatware and 150ish good ebay reviews from 20 years trading...

07-21-2020, 10:08 PM - 1 Like   #9

All this drama over small commissions on Ebay!
"Don't sweat the small stuff"
Ebay works brilliantly
Pentax Forums are largely CONUS anyway
07-22-2020, 05:49 AM - 1 Like   #10
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

It's not the Math its the people don't know me here type thing.

I have 20K posts at Anandtech forums (computer nerdiness) and 200+ trading heatware and 150ish good ebay reviews from 20 years trading...
You can link to your rep on those sites when you list an item. So why make excuses not to list here if you really want to sell? Or do you deep down, want to keep the lens?
07-22-2020, 08:13 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have not been able to work for a bit so something has to give. The 600 is like hauling a whale's manhood and is also low hanging fruit to solve my liquidity issues.

Ha I also have a Tamron Adaptall 300mm f2.8 with Kung Fu grip but someone just posted one for sale for $375 which is a fantastic price if you are a buyer! Not selling mine now if that is where the market is.

Ok I'll take the plunge. You got me. Since I want to keep my K-3 Tamron Kung Fu 300mm and a few others...

I also have a 645D and just sold a 645 local that are prospective sells. Another family member got the 645Z but I believe that is going to be loved.

This is all stuff inherited from my Pentaxian family member. No matter how many times he had a Canon he always Never left Pentax. and I got Hammy downs still shoot a *istD

Last edited by EXman; 07-22-2020 at 08:14 AM. Reason: took out common name for a man's thing
07-22-2020, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Postumus Quote
Pentax Forums are largely CONUS anyway
Ya, if I could only get back the time I wasted clicking on CONUS listings.. The market place should be divided into regional sellers, and a separate marketplace for people willing to ship world wide.
07-22-2020, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #13
Journeyman Cat Wrangler
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, if I could only get back the time I wasted clicking on CONUS listings.. The market place should be divided into regional sellers, and a separate marketplace for people willing to ship world wide.
C'mon Norm! Some of us are willing to ship to Aus and other places! But now the USPS has made the customs forms more detailed so there is a chance I may change my tune.
07-22-2020, 08:39 AM - 2 Likes   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
C'mon Norm! Some of us are willing to ship to Aus and other places! But now the USPS has made the customs forms more detailed so there is a chance I may change my tune.
So you would post in the International market place. There would be nothing to stop CONUS users from posting there as long as they would ship to other countries. Maybe there could be a filter so we could eliminate people who won't ship to our country.
07-22-2020, 11:27 AM - 2 Likes   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK I took the dive you have my $20! and my FS post is awaiting moderation! It also has a near complete display of my collection.