Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
digiDirect Australia mega warehouse sale
Posted By: davidhartanto, 08-11-2020, 02:38 AM

For anyone who lives in Australia, digiDirect is currently having their mega warehouse sale.
I checked their pentax prices, oh my God.. almost all are better than everything I bought as used item on eBay.

Here's the link: https://www.digidirect.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=pentax

Edit: my apologize, I think there is problem with the website. If I do search it will show the discounted price (with the original price strike-through) but once I decided to click on the item detail then it will show original price, even put it in the shopping cart still showing the same original price.

Last edited by davidhartanto; 08-11-2020 at 03:06 AM.
Views: 1,343
08-11-2020, 04:05 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by davidhartanto Quote
For anyone who lives in Australia, digiDirect is currently having their mega warehouse sale.
I checked their pentax prices, oh my God.. almost all are better than everything I bought as used item on eBay.

Here's the link: Search results for: 'pentax' | digiDirect

Edit: my apologize, I think there is problem with the website. If I do search it will show the discounted price (with the original price strike-through) but once I decided to click on the item detail then it will show original price, even put it in the shopping cart still showing the same original price.
Note that there's a lot of negative feedback about digiDirect stock levels in the Whirlpool Photography forum, about 10 pages, starting 2 years ago.
08-11-2020, 04:59 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
None of the items I'm seeing have the prices struck through. The home page flags a sale, but there's no link that I can find that indicates what it is.
08-11-2020, 06:24 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks like Digidirect created a pricing error. Reported as such on Ozbargain. Some orders got through, but then they invoiced for full price.

Probably for the best...might have been an expensive night otherwise!

08-11-2020, 06:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by vrphoto Quote
Note that there's a lot of negative feedback about digiDirect stock levels in the Whirlpool Photography forum, about 10 pages, starting 2 years ago.
Oh thank you for noting that, yeah I think I might have the same experience with their online website.
For the record I bought from their online website once and it took approx. 1 week to dispatch it (excluding shipping time) though it's just a peak design strap, I was a bit disappointed for the long dispatch since I paid for full price.

Having said that, my experiences with their physical store at Elizabeth street was always good as I could bargain and at the end their prices is reasonable (especially compared to M*ch**ls).

Gone through all the comments here, I think it's better for this thread to be closed. Thank you for your insights and sorry for the false alarm.
08-11-2020, 11:24 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by DamienW Quote
Looks like Digidirect created a pricing error. Reported as such on Ozbargain. Some orders got through, but then they invoiced for full price.

Probably for the best...might have been an expensive night otherwise!
Yeah, I just saw 1 guy put fierce comments in digiDirect mega warehouse sale's FB ads, he claimed that he got the discounted price but it suddenly changed to full price at checkout and he got the screen capture of those as well.
He said want to take it to the ACCC.

I feel bad for posting this now, is there anyway to delete this thread?
08-12-2020, 12:29 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yeah, I just saw 1 guy put fierce comments in digiDirect mega warehouse sale's FB ads, he claimed that he got the discounted price but it suddenly changed to full price at checkout and he got the screen capture of those as well.
He said want to take it to the ACCC.

Actually I think it should stay as a warning for potential digiDirect customers. Seriously.

08-12-2020, 07:10 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't feel bad! I'd have posted it too. Some pretty exciting prices, just a shame that it was their mistake.

I have purchased from DigiDirect several times and gotten some great prices. Haven't had any issues, though their backorder/stock management process might have some holes going by the feedback. I did have to wait a while for the astro mount I ordered from them once - but then, I've had to wait much longer for Pentax backorders from CRK (and they are well trusted)! I don't think they're out to steal your money anyway.

Have seen a few of their 'sales' stuffed up now. Website prices misbehaving and supposed discounts on things where you can't access them. It makes for frustration, but it's not even close to the worst I've dealt with. I have had dealings with outright fraudsters, and DigiDirect ain't that!
08-12-2020, 07:17 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see no reason to close the thread. If the OP feels differently, shout out.
08-13-2020, 07:21 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
I see no reason to close the thread. If the OP feels differently, shout out.
After giving second thought, I do agree this thread might be useful as information (or maybe a warning) for any future potential customers who want to buy from digiDirect online website.
Thank you.
08-19-2020, 04:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
DigI direct are way dearer than the Official Pentax Dealer try CR Kennedy