Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Capture One Pro 20 $ 179 - b&h deal of 8/25
Posted By: mike.hiran, 08-25-2020, 09:03 AM

Not sure if this is a good program for us Pentaxians or not but thought it might be worth posting in case it is:

Capture One Capture One Pro 20 (Download) 88200033 B&H Photo

Looks to be download only for a permanent license.

Here's some verbiage that Capture One provides:

Capture One Pro 20 is an advanced and comprehensive photo workflow tool suiting a variety of applications from photo editing to tethering to asset management and organization needs. Version 20 of this esteemed software sees updates to core editing tools, including a Basic Color Editor, for a more streamlined and faster editing workflow. A dedicated High Dynamic Range function helps to achieve improved shadow and highlight response while enhanced Noise Reduction affords cleaner, clearer results for working with imagery shot at high ISO values. Faster editing is possible with an updated scrollable interface along with a "switch to next" function for quicker culling and sorting of files. This version also now supports DNG files and has updated keyboard shortcuts, the ability to copy both layers and masks between files, and an even cleaner interface for a more enjoyable working experience.
Views: 997
08-25-2020, 10:57 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I have been a LR user for a while... stopped now as I need a new computer.

I was thinking about switching - anyone has switched, and if so, is 179$ worth it for a hobbyist?
08-25-2020, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I have been a LR user for a while... stopped now as I need a new computer.

I was thinking about switching - anyone has switched, and if so, is 179$ worth it for a hobbyist?
I love working with Capture One. That‘s important to me. Of course there are a lot other programs ... So I‘d suggest downloading a trial version from the capture one web site ... Capture One photo editing software. Invest some time and you‘ll know if this shoe fits for you.

P.s. I‘m a former Apple Aperture 3 user.
09-29-2020, 05:05 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
So I‘d suggest downloading a trial version from the capture one web site ... Capture One photo editing software. Invest some time and you‘ll know if this shoe fits for you.P.s. I‘m a former Apple Aperture 3 user.

I did the trial version.

I am mad I missed the sale, lol.

10-03-2020, 05:03 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by edom31 Quote
I did the trial version.

I am mad I missed the sale, lol.
I guess there will be other opportunities.