Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  
LowePro camera bag $3.50 with free shipping
Posted By: bladerunner6, 12-08-2020, 04:08 AM

https://www.lowepro.com/us-en/truckee-sh-160-lx-lp37252-pww/
Views: 3,955
12-16-2020, 11:48 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by fzrcraig Quote
Cancelled mine today too. I wonder why would they have accepted the order in the first place and then waited so long to advise? Something stinks here.
They collected your ID. Had you fill out a form, even required your cell phone number. I just punched in a random number for that one, so the only data they mined was my street address. Then they had you use your bank or credit card or Paypal information.
Whole thing was a marketing scam from the gitgo.

12-16-2020, 04:11 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EnglishBob Quote
They collected your ID. Had you fill out a form, even required your cell phone number. I just punched in a random number for that one, so the only data they mined was my street address. Then they had you use your bank or credit card or Paypal information.
Could be true, but as others are saying they had a sale a few years ago for a different bag and I got one then - expected the same this time.

I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.
12-16-2020, 07:55 PM   #33

Lowepro Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.lowepro.com

Read the most recent reviews. The ones from December 2020 It seems that the Vitec Group acquired Lowepro and things have gone downhill in a hurry.
Lowepro probably had a great deal a few years ago, but this is Vitec now,
12-17-2020, 07:16 AM - 1 Like   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Lowepro Reviews | Read Customer Service Reviews of www.lowepro.com

Read the most recent reviews. The ones from December 2020 It seems that the Vitec Group acquired Lowepro and things have gone downhill in a hurry.
Lowepro probably had a great deal a few years ago, but this is Vitec now,
Vitec bought them in late 2017, same company that owns Manfrotto, Gitzo, Kata, Joby, etc. Quality is probably plummeting. With the downturn in camera sales, these accessory companies are also hurting since there are so many of them. Industry consolidation is happening, a lot of these companies will only be a name produced by someone else. Sound familiar? But at least with Pentax they didn't just shut it down and have Canon or Nikon make the bodies. Of course there are brands like Vivitar and Promaster that were always just a brand. In the US you often see companies by "names" of a company that is going out of business to try to profit from the name recognition.

12-17-2020, 11:38 AM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

So did anyone get their order ? Or was my yardsale find for $1 the only screaming good deal to be had ?
12-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
Too much $$$ !
Just picked up a brand new Lowe Pro Nova Mini with price tag still attached for $1 at a yardsale !
After all the cancellations, this makes your find even more of a bargain.
12-17-2020, 12:07 PM   #37
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by onlineflyer Quote
After all the cancellations, this makes your find even more of a bargain.
Yes it kinda seems that way.....lol
Rather sparse deals so far this Holiday season across the board.

12-17-2020, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #38
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So did anyone get their order ? Or was my yardsale find for $1 the only screaming good deal to be had ?
Mine hasn't been cancelled yet, well, I didn't get an email yet, but I think I have a better chance of one dropping out of the sky. You got the deal! But, you deserve something good to happen. Merry Christmas!
12-17-2020, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #39
Pentaxian

Hard to go wrong for a dollar...

Mine did get cancelled. I am not too terribly fond of LowePro but at $3.50 I couldn't pass.

I rarely buy new and I am now using Domke bags. One original from 1977 and 3 more recent ones, all used.
12-18-2020, 05:52 AM   #40

Call me naïve, but I thought that in this day and age the bait and switch was dead.
12-18-2020, 06:49 AM   #41

You can't cheat an honest man.
Flim flams are based on greed, which is why I was wary right out of the gate. I figured this was a marketing ploy to collect personal information - which it accomplished perfectly - but still expected a treat for salivating when the bell rang.
12-18-2020, 09:59 AM   #42
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Some people on Slickdeals report receiving the bag.
12-19-2020, 09:54 AM   #43
Pentaxian

I don't see "mining" as a motivation here. This really seems more like a mistake or just a quick way to dispose of some unwanted product that didn't get cut off in time, not a conspiracy to collect data.

---------- Post added 12-19-2020 at 10:57 AM ----------

You can't cheat an honest man.
Flim flams are based on greed, which is why I was wary right out of the gate. I figured this was a marketing ploy to collect personal information - which it accomplished perfectly - but still expected a treat for salivating when the bell rang.
Did you feel that way about the $150 55-300 deal last year? Or the $350 K-70 deal this year?
12-20-2020, 06:04 AM   #44

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
I don't see "mining" as a motivation here. This really seems more like a mistake or just a quick way to dispose of some unwanted product that didn't get cut off in time, not a conspiracy to collect data.

---------- Post added 12-19-2020 at 10:57 AM ----------

Did you feel that way about the $150 55-300 deal last year? Or the $350 K-70 deal this year?
No.
But I am not biting on any more bait from Vitec, even if they offer me the Brooklyn Bridge next time.
12-20-2020, 03:14 PM   #45
Pentaxian

The one time I'm happy I missed a deal