Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax KP - $100 off + freebies
Posted By: Adam, 01-05-2021, 04:16 PM

The KP has just dipped by $100 to the lowest price we've seen in a while! At Adorama you can also score a free FlashPoint flash valued at over $200. Great opportunity to pick up the camera if you've been on the fence:

Pentax KP Body
9% Off / $69 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $797
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
10% Off / $75 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $797
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 4,394
02-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Color me surprised then. Perhaps this time around the reports were correct, the KP is discontinued.

Thanks for the update.
I read that as "The Silver KP is discontinued".

02-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Me too. I can't believe it. So now we have no more silver KP and the release of the K33 is suspended...
02-18-2021, 05:29 PM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&H has silver KP's in stock.
02-18-2021, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Adorama and B&H have listed items as discontinues many times, then they show up again. I would not be surprised that they can not get them right now, if they are out of stock at the factory, could be a part shortage. We know for sure that is holding up the K-3III hitting the market. But it could be that they may not produce any more in silver.

02-18-2021, 06:35 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yes, they said that they were told the silver KP is being discontinued and they won't be getting more.
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #51

Well my first post here. I go back to the ME Super. I guess I can put my istD S in that row of old cameras. I'm going to step up to the K70. The deal from Adorama looks good with the "free" flash.
Looks like a great forum here. No surprise my first Pentax camera forum post is in the I'm gonna spend some money sub forum.
4 Days Ago   #52
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ricklin Quote
Well my first post here. I go back to the ME Super. I guess I can put my istD S in that row of old cameras. I'm going to step up to the K70. The deal from Adorama looks good with the "free" flash.
Looks like a great forum here. No surprise my first Pentax camera forum post is in the I'm gonna spend some money sub forum.
I thought it was only the KP that came with the free Godox V1 speedlight. Since you mentioned it with the K-70 I looked and voila it comes with it too. Free.

For another $50 you can add a tripod, SD card, spare battery and several other useful items. To add the free flash and the $50 accessory package click on the "kits from $546" tab and under the camera body the extras will be listed.

Adorama has been putting together some very attractively priced packages lately.
4 Days Ago   #53
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I thought it was only the KP that came with the free Godox V1 speedlight. Since you mentioned it with the K-70 I looked and voila it comes with it too. Free.

For another $50 you can add a tripod, SD card, spare battery and several other useful items. To add the free flash and the $50 accessory package click on the "kits from $546" tab and under the camera body the extras will be listed.

Adorama has been putting together some very attractively priced packages lately.
Look closely at that $50 package, I sure don't see $50 worth, $20 memory card and a lot of way overpriced items like a junk tripod, but maybe if you like the bag it would be OK.

4 Days Ago - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Look closely at that $50 package, I sure don't see $50 worth, $20 memory card and a lot of way overpriced items like a junk tripod, but maybe if you like the bag it would be OK.
The last time I looked at the addon packages (for the KP, not the K-70), I could add them but the flash was removed!!! The flash, IMO, is worth FAR more than the low quality junk in most of those kits.
4 Days Ago   #55

Thanks for that. I've got more Accys. than I really need. I already have several fast cards for the drone. I'll either go body only, or with the 18-55 just to get the weather sealing. Plus I can then gift the old istD S to one of the grandkids, or my son.
The istD S is a great camera to learn with and it has no issues.
That camera taught me that pixel count ain't everything. Some great shots came out of it. Yup bought it new.
3 Days Ago - 1 Like   #56
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
The last time I looked at the addon packages (for the KP, not the K-70), I could add them but the flash was removed!!! The flash, IMO, is worth FAR more than the low quality junk in most of those kits.
Yes, the flash is pretty awesome, I haven't taken it out of the box yet (don't use a flash that much). I actually waiting for a replacement KP, I had to send one back because the autofocus was out of spec so much I couldn't correct lenses. My other KP is spot on without correction on the same lenses.

I guess now the choice is with the flash, or with the junk and no flash, that's a no brainer
3 Days Ago   #57
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Yes, the flash is pretty awesome, I haven't taken it out of the box yet (don't use a flash that much). I actually waiting for a replacement KP, I had to send one back because the autofocus was out of spec so much I couldn't correct lenses. My other KP is spot on without correction on the same lenses.

I guess now the choice is with the flash, or with the junk and no flash, that's a no brainer
I offered elsewhere, but if someone wants to sell me one of those flashes, I'd buy it. $100?
2 Days Ago - 1 Like   #58
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Oktyabr Quote
I offered elsewhere, but if someone wants to sell me one of those flashes, I'd buy it. $100?
I'll offer $102.00

Seriously tho if you or anyone else wants to make an offer on another member's camera gear, even if offered in the Marketplace, please do so through private message.
2 Days Ago   #59

Well it's my 65th on Wed. the K70 with the flash deal will be my birthday gift to me. I've been breaking out my old gear and taking inventory. It's been quite a while
since I have packed an SLR. To the point the best camera I have currently is in my Mavic drone. I fly the drone with a 7" tablet, that will work well with the K70 too. I don't use the tablet for anything else. I am digging the flash and it's flexibility off camera while I wait for the brown truck of happiness I shall organize my gear. Really looking forward to getting off camera flash together. Capturing light, it's what we do. Well professionally I am a Radiography guy, best make that capturing photons.
2 Days Ago   #60
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ricklin Quote
Well it's my 65th on Wed. the K70 with the flash deal will be my birthday gift to me. I've been breaking out my old gear and taking inventory. It's been quite a while
since I have packed an SLR. To the point the best camera I have currently is in my Mavic drone. I fly the drone with a 7" tablet, that will work well with the K70 too. I don't use the tablet for anything else. I am digging the flash and it's flexibility off camera while I wait for the brown truck of happiness I shall organize my gear. Really looking forward to getting off camera flash together. Capturing light, it's what we do. Well professionally I am a Radiography guy, best make that capturing photons.
Happy B-day. My 65th is coming up in May. Can't say I'm looking forward to it....