Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Pentax KP - $100 off + freebies
Posted By: Adam, 01-05-2021, 04:16 PM

The KP has just dipped by $100 to the lowest price we've seen in a while! At Adorama you can also score a free FlashPoint flash valued at over $200. Great opportunity to pick up the camera if you've been on the fence:

Pentax KP Body
9% Off / $69 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $797
Request Price Alert | Reviews

Pentax KP Body (Silver)
10% Off / $75 Below Average

Year's price range: $697 - $797
Request Price Alert | Reviews
Views: 8,102
02-23-2021, 05:55 PM   #61

Agreed, have not struggled with a birthday this much since I turned 40. I do always remember, getting older always beats the alternative.

03-04-2021, 05:51 AM   #62

Photos: Albums
I pulled the trigger on this. To good to wait any longer. KP + Godox V1 + Slingbag 2 = under $700.
03-04-2021, 08:56 AM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Risxsoul Quote
I pulled the trigger on this. To good to wait any longer. KP + Godox V1 + Slingbag 2 = under $700.
Where do we find this deal?
03-04-2021, 09:15 AM   #64
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by West Penn Quote
Where do we find this deal?
If you add this to your cart, you'll see the flash and 'free accessories' including bag in your cart also: https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html?emailprice=t

03-04-2021, 05:31 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks much for the link. That's quite a deal with the included light.
03-04-2021, 09:31 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arkansawyer Quote
If you add this to your cart, you'll see the flash and 'free accessories' including bag in your cart also: https://www.adorama.com/ipxkpb.html?emailprice=t
But seems to be a Flashpoint flash, rather than Godox. Still probably a good price.

---------- Post added 03-04-21 at 09:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by arkansawyer Quote
But seems to be a Flashpoint flash, rather than Godox. Still probably a good price.
03-05-2021, 08:13 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flashpoint is Godox. Adorama has simply rebranded the Godox equipment as Flashpoint. And, it's a better option here in the U.S. as you'd have to send your Godox gear back to China for warranty work. Adorama fixes any warranty problems with Flashpoint equipment.

03-05-2021, 08:34 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Flashpoint is Godox. Adorama has simply rebranded the Godox equipment as Flashpoint. And, it's a better option here in the U.S. as you'd have to send your Godox gear back to China for warranty work. Adorama fixes any warranty problems with Flashpoint equipment.
And to expand on that the two are completely interchangeable. Whether it's Godox or Flashpoint-branded they are mix and match.

Going further Godox masters for a Pentax will drive non-Pentax version Godox and Flashpoint speedlights and strobes. For example I use a Fuji version Godox V860II speedlight as a slave controlled by a Pentax version Flashpoint R2 Pro as master. If I had a Fuji camera I could use the 860II as master on the camera and control the non-Fuji branded lighting I have, including Godox AD200's and V1's.

Last edited by gatorguy; 03-05-2021 at 08:40 AM.
03-05-2021, 08:49 AM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

gatorguy, thanks for the added info. One question -- can you do PTTL or HSS using the Pentax R2 Pro on the camera and the Fuji flash off camera, or are you limited to the manual mode?
03-05-2021, 09:35 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter

gatorguy, thanks for the added info. One question -- can you do PTTL or HSS using the Pentax R2 Pro on the camera and the Fuji flash off camera, or are you limited to the manual mode?
Every function just as tho it was made for Pentax.
03-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #71
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
And to expand on that the two are completely interchangeable. Whether it's Godox or Flashpoint-branded they are mix and match.

Going further Godox masters for a Pentax will drive non-Pentax version Godox and Flashpoint speedlights and strobes. For example I use a Fuji version Godox V860II speedlight as a slave controlled by a Pentax version Flashpoint R2 Pro as master. If I had a Fuji camera I could use the 860II as master on the camera and control the non-Fuji branded lighting I have, including Godox AD200's and V1's.
Thanks for this! I may be replacing my Cactus stuff, triggers at least...
03-05-2021, 12:07 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by texandrews Quote
Thanks for this! I may be replacing my Cactus stuff, triggers at least...
I typically carry two cameras so I use two triggers, and that brings up one more point. Each trigger can control the same set of lights, and with different settings. Maybe 1/32nd power for the AD's on my K70, and 1/64th on the K1 for example. Or turn off one light entirely for one trigger while keeping it on the other.

The only downside that immediately comes to mind is that the batteries exhaust way faster with two triggers since after every activation it does another read and communication between the lights and that camera's trigger. When set to one master it keeps the settings you previously transmitted so it's not re-reading the flash/strobe settings and not drawing anywhere near the same amount of battery power on the trigger.

BTW, even after the last firmware update my trigger battery life doesn't read accurately if using rechargeable AA's such as my Enloops. You may think they're adequately charged only for the trigger to start acting quirky without notice because the batteries are depleted or nearly so. The first time this happened I thought the trigger had malfunctioned. It also doesn't seem to last as long on rechargables either but I've not specifically tested that.

I suggest use standard alkalines for best results.

So anyway, end of kinda-sorta off-topic for me. Back to the KP deals still found at Adorama.

Last edited by gatorguy; 03-05-2021 at 05:23 PM.
03-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #73
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the clarification. I'm certainly not very up to speed on flash equipment.
03-05-2021, 07:13 PM   #74
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
It is a good price, but Adam reported this on the 5th in the thread "Pentax KP - $100 off + freebies"
This level of sweetness was before, went away, and is here again. For those who might be on the fence, I doubt the KP will go lower.

Steve
03-05-2021, 07:15 PM   #75
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Thanks for the clarification. I'm certainly not very up to speed on flash equipment.
The advantage to buying Godox from Adorama is that you get Adorama's post-sale support. The feature set on a few Flashpoint versions is also improved over the Godox.

Steve