Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Affinity Suite trial and deal
Posted By: gump, 01-19-2021, 10:16 AM

Just got an email from Affinity. They are repeating there 90 day trial and 50% discount on the component parts of their "Suite." Good opportunity to try Affinity Photo etc.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/?utm_source=serifemail&utm...c=COVID19V2E01
Views: 1,122
01-19-2021, 02:27 PM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Thanks-awesome deal on some very competent software.
01-19-2021, 11:16 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Having purchased from them before, I seem to recall that at least in the past, if you're in the U.S. and charge to your credit card, the transaction will post as a foreign transaction. Many but not all cards charge a foreign transaction fee. I don't know what if any extra charges would apply if you use Paypal to pay; maybe someone else can comment on that.
01-20-2021, 04:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No apparent extra charge

QuoteOriginally posted by tibbitts Quote
Having purchased from them before, I seem to recall that at least in the past, if you're in the U.S. and charge to your credit card, the transaction will post as a foreign transaction. Many but not all cards charge a foreign transaction fee. I don't know what if any extra charges would apply if you use Paypal to pay; maybe someone else can comment on that.
I reviewed the transaction through Paypal on a bank credit card and found no transaction fee. This was, however, two and a half years ago. On occasions where I have had to pay transaction fees they were small. I also bought the workbook and I seem to remember it shipped from a US location so that was not an issue either.

01-20-2021, 08:59 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
I reviewed the transaction through Paypal on a bank credit card and found no transaction fee. This was, however, two and a half years ago. On occasions where I have had to pay transaction fees they were small. I also bought the workbook and I seem to remember it shipped from a US location so that was not an issue either.
The fee is usually about $4 U.S. So if someone has a card to use that doesn't charge a fee, that might be the one to use. I have never done Paypal with Affinity; possibly Paypal would shield you from the transaction fee. But I believe cards provided directly to Affinity may charge a fee.

Update: I decided $25 was a good price so to experiment I paid Affinity directly with my U.S.-based Visa. It triggered a foreign transaction alert that required me to verify the purchase with a transaction code. Afterwards, the credit card issuer emailed me a "because your card is so wonderful and never charges a foreign transaction fee, we've saved you money!" message. I would be curious how it works with Paypal, but one license is enough for me. I suspect Paypal shields you from foreign transaction fees in some cases, but not others.

Last edited by tibbitts; 01-20-2021 at 02:47 PM.