Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax Australia 15% sale
Posted By: Paul the Sunman, 03-31-2021, 03:40 PM

There is a (surprise?) 15% sale on the Pentax Australia web site at the moment. No K3iii even listed at this stage unfortunately.

Offer valid Thursday 1 April until Monday 5 April 2021.
No coupon codes required. Discounts already applied.
*Excludes RICOH branded products.

Most items are out of stock, but they still honour the sale prices on backorders.

Last edited by Paul the Sunman; 03-31-2021 at 04:48 PM.
Views: 5,053
04-03-2021, 09:54 PM - 1 Like   #61
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
Do you recall what warranty you got Carl?

DFA 150-450
CRK out of stock but recently sold to a member here for $3100 (list price $3632).
Yes Des - but now, if I had waited, I could get it for $2974.00. When they finally put the price back up on the website, they did not go all the way back up to the $3600+ plus figure that I negotiated down from - they only took the list price back up to $3400+. Grrrrrrr!

Did decide to buy a D-Li90 battery and charger (I bought the KP battery grip some time ago, so figured it was time to fill it with the longer lasting battery). Thought about saving more and going to third party brands, but what the hell!!

Am wavering about the Pentax TC 1.4x while the sale is still on,to go with my new 150-450mm, but even with the discount, it is still a hefty $588.00 (but that IS a savings of just over $100.00 from current normal price....ah the temptation of it all.

Also went bananas and bought the Cotton Carrier Vest chest harness to help walk around with the 150-450mm - will attach the set-up to the vest via the 150-450mm tripod head. Will have to start practicing using the Monster with my carbon-fibre Vanguard monopod with the vanguard GT-300H pistol grip ball head for my planned trip in September, as now that I have experienced the weight of the 150-450mm I find it hard to imagine walking around for much more than an hour with that and my heavy aluminum Alto Pro 2+ tripod.

04-03-2021, 10:14 PM   #62
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Yes Des - but now, if I had waited, I could get it for $2974.00. When they finally put the price back up on the website, they did not go all the way back up to the $3600+ plus figure that I negotiated down from - they only took the list price back up to $3400+. Grrrrrrr!
I was going to spare you Peter. You shouldn't go looking at these sale threads. ;-) But hey it's not that bad - you've had a month's use of it for $126
Am wavering about the Pentax TC 1.4x while the sale is still on,to go with my new 150-450mm, but even with the discount, it is still a hefty $588.00 (but that IS a savings of just over $100.00 from current normal price
There was a secondhand one in the marketplace recently. Yes they are pricey - three or four times the cost of a Kenko 1.5x.
Will have to start practicing using the Monster with my carbon-fibre Vanguard monopod with the vanguard GT-300H pistol grip ball head for my planned trip in September
Considered a gimbal? (Edit: I mean assuming tripod rather than monopod.)
now that I have experienced the weight of the 150-450mm I find it hard to imagine walking around for much more than an hour with that and my heavy aluminum Alto Pro 2+ tripod.
Time for a carbon fibre one? Or just hire a porter.

Last edited by Des; 04-05-2021 at 10:20 PM.
04-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #63
Pentaxian

Cheapest in the world at the moment, I think.

Was counting on you to be #1 Sandy. Glad you haven't let us down, even without early adopter premium. ;-)

Interesting comparison on the international prices. When the 15% sale ends, list price for the K-3iii body only will be $A2800 (incl. GST) - cheaper than Europe (€1999 = $3100) or UK (£1899 = $3450), and only slightly more than the US ($US1999 = $A2650) where sales tax is not added by default.
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Good news

Hmmm, so which is it, $2800 or $2899? (Still nothing on pentax.com.au re the K3iii as of 6.30 am here).
04-05-2021, 04:24 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Dieseler Quote
Hmmm, so which is it, $2800 or $2899? (Still nothing on pentax.com.au re the K3iii as of 6.30 am here).
$2899 on their face book page.... the thursday price was 20% off.... not the 15% as per the sale it seems. I'd guess it was maybe set up for staff purchases or the like before main stream release today....

---------- Post added 06-04-21 at 09:00 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by cmohr Quote
Seriously , trying not to purchase DA11-18 and DFA*85 at the moment... 15 poocent discount is so, very temping , very very tempting. Like so many Australian Rock Lobsters in the Woolies seafood display for only $20.00 AUD . I think I may be swayed before the weekend has ended.
did you make it through easter or did you weaken?

Last edited by noelpolar; 04-05-2021 at 04:30 PM.
04-05-2021, 04:51 PM   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Considered a gimbal?
They are heavier than a ball-head, but a ball-head has a balance point that moves as soon as you tilt it. I’ve generally found them next to useless for long, heavy lenses.
04-05-2021, 04:54 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
$2899 on their face book page.... the thursday price was 20% off.... not the 15% as per the sale it seems. I'd guess it was maybe set up for staff purchases or the like before main stream release today....
In this world of conspiracy theories, surely they did it deliberately, to increase the initial sales, especially to those who were wavering (at least one we know of ). I know, I know; when it comes to a choice between conspiracy and stuff-up, we should choose the latter, but it doesn’t completely rule out the former.
04-05-2021, 05:04 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
They are heavier than a ball-head, but a ball-head has a balance point that moves as soon as you tilt it. I’ve generally found them next to useless for long, heavy lenses.
I like the look of the Acratech Panoramic Head...might also be useful for long lenses, though it too has a balance point like a ball head (but no side to side motion to worry about). Just a pan/tilt head really, but not a video-centric one. Needs a levelling base to work properly.

04-05-2021, 07:22 PM - 1 Like   #68
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The K3iii (both black and silver) is now listed in the standard place on the Pentax Australia website (CRK). It is $2799, with the premium kit being $3299. The 15%-off Easter sale is over by the way.

The price some of us paid for the body only was indeed exactly 15% off this official price.
04-05-2021, 07:30 PM - 1 Like   #69
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The price some of us paid for the body only was indeed exactly 15% off this official price.
Yes, I see it is up now.

I sincerely hope they honour the price for those lucky enough to find the backdoor. Of course, user reviews will be expected from you all after you get them . (Especially BIF AF!)
04-05-2021, 10:00 PM   #70
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I sincerely hope they honour the price for those lucky enough to find the backdoor.
Well, they've already charged my account, so the had better! And it wasn't really a backdoor; we just typed "K-3 iii" into the Product Search box, which is what you're supposed to do. And there it was, discount and all. More like a front door, left wide open.
04-05-2021, 10:03 PM - 1 Like   #71
Veteran Member

Yes, I see it is up now.

I sincerely hope they honour the price for those lucky enough to find the backdoor. Of course, user reviews will be expected from you all after you get them . (Especially BIF AF!)
I must admit.... I've been a bit disappointed that none of the reviews to date haven't done any decent tele stuff.....
04-05-2021, 11:14 PM   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes, I see it is up now.

I am starting to build up a bit of record with Pentax AU and C R Kennedy. That includes back orders with discounts. I have so far found them to be completely reliable. I negotiated a price on the 150-450mm lens at the beginning of February and my order was placed on backorder. It finally arrived almost 6 weeks later - which was fair enough for a back-order item, I thought. But get this - within a day of the delivery, the salesperson I had dealt with rang me to confirm I had received my very expensive lens! Now that impressed!

And oh yes - user reviews are definitely expected from everyone who bought the K3 iii. A suitable familiarisation period will be allowed, of course.
04-05-2021, 11:25 PM   #73
Pentaxian

Original Poster
And oh yes - user reviews are definitely expected from everyone who bought the K3 iii. A suitable familiarisation period will be allowed, of course.
I will be out to my favourite local birding spot first thing the next morning, ... if it's not raining.
04-06-2021, 02:23 AM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
I will be out to my favourite local birding spot first thing the next morning, ... if it's not raining.
night before..... focus calibration.....
04-06-2021, 03:08 AM   #75
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
night before..... focus calibration.....
Powerful owls.