Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  
Flashpoint R2 Mark II Trigger (X2T-P) [Adorama] - $29.99 + Ship
Posted By: sprint113, 05-07-2021, 08:39 AM

Same as the Godox X2T-P, just under Adorama's Flashpoint brand. Should work with both Godox X and Flashpoint R2 flashes/strobes. Listed retail for $59.99.

https://www.adorama.com/fprrr2tpii.html?

Since Cactus' presumed demise, I believe this is probably the remaining option for a TTL radio trigger for Pentax cameras.
Views: 2,871
05-24-2021, 06:16 PM   #46
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Flashpoint don't make their own firmwares, except for their Flashpoint-exclusive products like the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII, for instance.
Out of curiosity, where does one get firmware updates for that product?

Steve

05-24-2021, 09:18 PM - 1 Like   #47
Veteran Member

The scheme is not as simple.

Pre-flash suppression looks for a pattern of (multiple) pre-flash pulses and then for a main flash. Only if the latter arrives after the pre-flash prelude, the flash will fire.

Yes, if you observe closely, you'll notice that a pre-flash+main-flash combo takes longer and has a slight "double"-flash nature to it, compared to a single main flash.
Thanks, that makes sense.

I guess I'm going to need to use my Note 20 Ultra and shoot video at 480fps slow-mo mode to actually see this.

QuoteQuote:
That is odd.
One reason could be that the slave flash always fires upon receiving the pre-flash and then does not have time to recycle in time for the main flash. The S2 setting should avoid this, but perhaps something is not quite right with the implementation.
Yes, that's a possibility.

QuoteQuote:
You could try very low power levels, to rule out this scenario.
I have tried at 1/128, to no avail.

QuoteQuote:
As long as it is the equivalent device by Godox, the firmwares are 100% the same.
Flashpoint don't make their own firmwares, except for their Flashpoint-exclusive products like the Flashpoint R2 Pro MarkII, for instance.
Thanks. I updated my X2T-P to version 1.1 firmware, and my TT350P to 1.2 . So far so good. I used the Godox G3 program to update them.
Flashpoint support told me I could also use their own flash program, with the binaries on the Godox web site. As long as using the right bits, of course ...
05-25-2021, 08:18 AM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Out of curiosity, where does one get firmware updates for that product?
The Pentax version of the Flaspoint R2 Pro MarkII has not received an update so far, but if it ever did, it would be available from the "Flashpoint Firmware Download" page.
05-25-2021, 09:41 AM - 1 Like   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

The Pentax version of the Flaspoint R2 Pro MarkII has not received an update so far, but if it ever did, it would be available from the "Flashpoint Firmware Download" page.
Thanks! I found it last night and bookmarked it.

Steve

05-25-2021, 04:23 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Thanks! I found it last night and bookmarked it.

Steve
That page contains wildly outdated firmware, even for other brands. And nothing for Pentax yet. I did ask Flashpoint to add the firmware update for the Mini for Pentax, though, and they said they would. For the Flashpoint products that exist as Godox, you are much better going to the source for the firmware download.
05-25-2021, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by madbrain Quote
That page contains wildly outdated firmware, even for other brands. And nothing for Pentax yet. I did ask Flashpoint to add the firmware update for the Mini for Pentax, though, and they said they would. For the Flashpoint products that exist as Godox, you are much better going to the source for the firmware download.
I found that page too and bookmarked it as well.

GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download

FWIW...Current pricing on the X2Tp II are just too good, so I pulled the trigger on one along with a TT350P from KEH for about the same as the regular price for the controller alone.

Steve
05-25-2021, 08:38 PM   #52
Veteran Member

I found that page too and bookmarked it as well.

GODOX PHOTO EQUIPMENT CO.,LTD Download

FWIW...Current pricing on the X2Tp II are just too good, so I pulled the trigger on one along with a TT350P from KEH for about the same as the regular price for the controller alone.

Steve
Yes, it's a still. I also ordered an XProO (Olympus/Panasonic) for $19.95 . Hope it actually works with the TT350P in TTL as Flashpoint said it would.

05-26-2021, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #53
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Current pricing on the X2Tp II are just too good, so I pulled the trigger on one
If shipping wasn't more expensive than the actual item price, I'd have bought one too.