Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-mount Lensbaby Velvets
Posted By: EstimatedEyes, 05-23-2021, 06:02 AM

Hey all, just a heads up that B&H and Adorama have some new lensbaby velvets up for sale. The 28, 56 and 85, all in silver. I am guessing they are old stock that they just acquired since lensbaby discontinued making the K-mount a few years ago. Even used versions are now hard to come by. Just an fyi in case you have been hunting for one.
Views: 922
05-23-2021, 08:23 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They are listed as special order.
05-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I didn’t know they were even making K-mount...
05-26-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
@boriscleto I just received my Velvet 56 today ... it was not special order when I ordered it 3 days ago (before I started this thread of course :-). At that time Adorama had it listed on their site as well; you might check there.

@Michali_P you are correct Lensbaby doesn't make K-mount anymore. I posted about that a few years ago when it was confirmed to me by them.

I assume the current offerings are old stock that is being dribbled out to B&H, Adorama and other sellers and when it's gone it's probably gone forever. fwiw, B&H now lists the 56 as "more on the way" and the 28 and 85 as special order.

---------- Post added 05-26-21 at 05:09 PM ----------

Hold the phone. I just looked at the Lensbaby website and they list K-mount as an option on all 3 velvets, so maybe they decided to start making them again. Nice sign if they are. The 56 is on backorder (all mounts) but the other two seem to be available ...

05-27-2021, 05:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by EstimatedEyes Quote
I am guessing they are old stock that they just acquired since lensbaby discontinued making the K-mount a few years ago.
True, they claim to have discontinued K-mount, but they still list lenses on their website!