Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Metz 26 AF-2 for Pentax on Amazon under $75
Posted By: wadge22, 12-14-2021, 12:40 PM

Anyone looking for a compact and simple flash with PTTL, there are a couple of these Metz units available at a pretty nice price of $73.44. I purchased two of them myself from this seller (Amazon UK), and have been pretty happy with it as a replacement for the missing onboard flash on my K1.

It takes two AAAs, which is misrepresented as AA some places online including on this Amazon listing.
It does work as a wireless slave with my Metz 64, although the 26 isn't capable of acting as the master which would be preferable. I have also gotten it to work well with Cactus V6ii receivers, where the PTTL allows for manual control. Otherwise there is no manual mode for this flash.
No HSS.
It can tilt up for bounce, but does not swivel, so is less useful for portrait orientation.

Despite the limitations, and Metz being defunct, I think it's a pretty nice little deal at that price. Compact enough that I've started carrying it everywhere with me, since it's earned a spot in my cleaning kit.
I'm sure the Pentax AF201FG is a better choice for many, but probably not everyone, especially those who already have other (recent) Metz gear.

Last edited by wadge22; 12-14-2021 at 12:54 PM.
Views: 318