Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 36 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  
Pentax K-3III Trade Up Deal
Posted By: ramseybuckeye, 01-14-2022, 02:17 PM

I got this email today from Ricoh imaging about a trade up deal through selected dealers, it included an additional $200 over your trade in and a battery grip. If you're ready to buy and have an old camera to get rid of, this sounds like a good deal.
Views: 2,178
01-16-2022, 01:14 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dmjjr Quote
So I started looking at Nikon equipment-almost felt like I was cheating on my wife-been so loyal to Pentax. Two weeks ago I bought a refurbished Nikon D500 (with a 1 Yr warranty) for $1200. Also a Tamron 100-400 zoom for $535. I was really surprised to see the difference in fast focusing and IQ. You can't tell me that Pentax/Ricoh engineers can't figure this out. If I bought K3lll and a 150-450 I would be plunking down 4k. That will never happen and it still wouldn't perform as good as the D500. There is also a huge used lens market for Nikon/Canon-the independent lens makers i.e. Tamron/Sigma have basically given up on Pentax. I will never give up on Pentax-that's where I learned photography-but I will still explore other options as long as I can. (I'm 75 yrs old and starting to slow down)
Are you seriously comparing a used 6 year old camera and lens to a brand new (top of the line) body and brand new lens?

What a joke. It's fine to be displeased but what are you expecting, miracles?

Last edited by ZombieArmy; 01-16-2022 at 01:20 PM.
01-16-2022, 01:34 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
About 2 years ago I started bird and wildlife photography
Two weeks ago I bought a refurbished Nikon D500 (with a 1 Yr warranty) for $1200. Also a Tamron 100-400 zoom for $535.
You can't tell me that Pentax/Ricoh engineers can't figure this out.
Sounds like you're not a prospective buyer for a K-3 Mark III, but some folks likely will take advantage of the trade-up incentive.

It's great that you found a camera/lens combo within your budget that satisfies your shooting needs.

Since its release on the market, the K-3 Mark III has garnered a number of positive reviews. In particular, the AF capability and performance seems to be very good and significantly improved over previous Pentax cameras. Although I haven't seen any detailed direct comparisons with other systems such as the D500, anecdotal accounts are positive. Unfortunately, it's too new to be widely available on the used market yet.

- Craig
01-16-2022, 04:41 PM - 4 Likes   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think the point of the thread is simply to alert folks to the Pentax Trade-Up incentive deal for the K-3 Mark III. Some folks will take advantage of it, many will not.

- Craig

Last edited by c.a.m; 01-16-2022 at 06:15 PM.
01-16-2022, 07:12 PM - 7 Likes   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I've trimmed a number of off-topic posts in order to put the thread back where it belongs. There should not be any confusion about the purpose for the thread, and discussion of other equipment and manufacturers is definitely outside the scope of this one. Please refrain from turning a Pentax price watch post into a general discussion of cameras. Anyone is welcome to begin a more appropriate discussion thread for it, but this one is not it.

01-29-2022, 06:24 PM - 5 Likes   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
Sounds like you're not a prospective buyer for a K-3 Mark III, but some folks likely will take advantage of the trade-up incentive.
I took advantage of this program and have been enjoying my new K3iii. I think it was highly worth it, loving the new camera!

I’m actually dumping all of the Sony mirrorless gear that I bought a couple of years ago and focusing back on Pentax. I only kept a couple of my lenses and my K3 when I made that system switch, gave away and sold everything else. Regretting the hell out of that now as I’m rebuilding my lens collection lol, at least I’m getting some of that cash back as my Sony gear sells on eBay.

Anyway it’s all great fun, people on this site seem to forget how awesome Pentax gear is sometimes. My advice is quit bitching and start shooting more.
01-29-2022, 08:53 PM - 1 Like   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Des Quote
No sign of this deal in Australia. The K-3iii body only is $A2795 incl. GST (about $US1950 at current rates). But Ebay have a deal at the moment which knocks $A300 off the price from Dcxpert (an official supplier with shipments from CRK). That takes it to $A2495 incl GST (about $US1750). The kit (with grip) is $A2889 (about $US2000) with the ebay discount. Might not get any better than that for a while.

I keep managing to talk myself out of taking advantage of deals like this.................but it's really hard to do
01-30-2022, 08:11 PM - 3 Likes   #22
Closed Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
I've trimmed a number of off-topic posts in order to put the thread back where it belongs. There should not be any confusion about the purpose for the thread, and discussion of other equipment and manufacturers is definitely outside the scope of this one. Please refrain from turning a Pentax price watch post into a general discussion of cameras. Anyone is welcome to begin a more appropriate discussion thread for it, but this one is not it.
Folks, nothing has changed since my colleague posted in-thread, except a few more posts have now been deleted.

Please stay on topic as previously requested.

Thanks.