Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
K3 prestige edition with grip on MPB
Posted By: aaacb, 01-20-2022, 09:03 AM

Perhaps someone finds this useful, there's a K3 in Excellent condition with 135 shutter actuations for $370, $44 for the matching grip
Used Pentax K-3
Used Pentax D-BG5 Battery Grip
Views: 1,392
01-20-2022, 11:46 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice find.
01-20-2022, 03:44 PM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Man, that's one heck of a bargain. I'm still using my original K-3 as my main "do everything" camera, and whilst it's been superseded by the recent K-3III, it's still an amazing camera and capable of incredible image quality in most situations. With 135 shutter actuations, that's basically a new camera... and at $370, or $414 with grip, it's a gift to the lucky buyer. I don't need another, but if I was in the USA I'd jump on that!
01-20-2022, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Man, that's one heck of a bargain. I'm still using my original K-3 as my main "do everything" camera, and whilst it's been superseded by the recent K-3III, it's still an amazing camera and capable of incredible image quality in most situations. With 135 shutter actuations, that's basically a new camera... and at $370, or $414 with grip, it's a gift to the lucky buyer. I don't need another, but if I was in the USA I'd jump on that!
And itís the cool color Prestige version.

01-20-2022, 04:53 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
That one is gone, they also have a white K-S2 for $259 with a shutter count of 1001,
01-20-2022, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
That one is gone, they also have a white K-S2 for $259 with a shutter count of 1001,
The buyer didn't get the grip...?!
01-20-2022, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
It does seem strange that the buyer didn't grab the matching grip too. Perhaps they think the gunmetal grip won't sell, and they will be able to grab it later for even less?

01-20-2022, 08:35 PM - 4 Likes   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Haha I came here to yell exactly about the same thing. WHAT KIND OF MONSTER DIDN'T BUY THE MATCHING GUNMETAL GRIP?
01-20-2022, 09:45 PM - 3 Likes   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
Haha I came here to yell exactly about the same thing. WHAT KIND OF MONSTER DIDN'T BUY THE MATCHING GUNMETAL GRIP?
Maybe itís someone who tragically lost their gunmetal k-3 in an accident while their matching grip was at home safe. So they only needed the camera.

Or perhaps itís some Canon fanboy who saw a way to make is all cringe. He or she plans to post images of the camera with a black grip one day and a silver one the next until we are reduced to blubbering idiots.
01-21-2022, 03:22 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

There are a couple K-3s left (not in such unused condition) and various other Pentax things. Worth a quick search for the heck of it.
01-21-2022, 08:59 AM - 3 Likes   #11

First of all, thanks for the tip- I am the monster who bought the K-3. I don't use grips, I find them cumbersome and would rather carry an extra battery in my pocket.
01-21-2022, 12:43 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Medlord Quote
First of all, thanks for the tip- I am the monster who bought the K-3. I don't use grips, I find them cumbersome and would rather carry an extra battery in my pocket.
Congratulations!
01-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sweet! I'm thrilled it was someone from here that got it.
I have grips for most of my cameras, but never use them. Like you I'd rather carry an extra cell and spare myself the bulk/weight.

My reaction is probably more than proof that I've turned into an insane Pentax person who views utilitarian purchases in the same league as collection-historian and completionist neurotic tendencies
01-21-2022, 01:15 PM - 1 Like   #14
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations!!

But... but... $44?!?
01-21-2022, 03:29 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I donít typically use them. I have owned several which got once in a while use. For the cost Iíd grab that matching grip for future resale. The k-3 unlike the KP will take as batteries in the grip so it future proofs the camera.