Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
Amazon Warehouse: K1-ii in 'Amazon Refreshed' condition - $1,247
Posted By: zzaletel, 02-17-2022, 10:40 AM

amazon.com : Pentax K-1 Mark II 36MP Weather Resistant DSLR with 3.2?tag=pentaxforums-20&" TFT LCD, Body Only, Black (Renewed) : Electronics

If you need the big one, here's an opportunity to test out for 90 days to ensure no foibles -

"Product works and looks like new. Backed by the 90-day Amazon Renewed Guarantee.
- This pre-owned product has been professionally inspected, tested and cleaned by Amazon-qualified suppliers.
- There will be no visible cosmetic imperfections when held at an arm’s length.
- Products with batteries will exceed 80% capacity relative to new.
- Accessories may not be original, but will be compatible and fully functional. Product may come in generic box.
- This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied under the Amazon Renewed Guarantee. See terms here."
Views: 1,447
02-17-2022, 11:33 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by zzaletel Quote
amazon.com : Pentax K-1 Mark II 36MP Weather Resistant DSLR with 3.2?tag=pentaxforums-20&" TFT LCD, Body Only, Black (Renewed) : Electronics

- - This product is eligible for a replacement or refund within 90 days of receipt if you are not satisfied under the Amazon Renewed Guarantee. See terms here."
Now that totally COOL! Zero risk.
02-18-2022, 07:42 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks like somebody snagged it!
02-18-2022, 07:43 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Looks like somebody snagged it!
Don't look at me. I already have one

02-18-2022, 01:36 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Wasn't me!
03-03-2022, 02:41 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It's back for $1,247
03-15-2022, 11:04 AM - 2 Likes   #7

Thanks for the link! Saw the first one slip by, but this one I slept on .. and it was still there in the AM!

So ..
It arrived in the standard Amazon way with deflated pillows and rattling inside the big box ..lol.
Inside, the K-1 was in it's original box, with all accessories. It looks like the body was taken out of the packaging, and put back.
No marks, fingerprints nor any marks anywhere, and I looked carefully.
Snapped my first FF digital pic and check shutter count with the PF tool, result = 1.
So it's brand new, unless the 'renewed' also erases the shutter count? My impression is that maybe it was just a return. Maybe somebody didn't like the size or heft? Or maybe they thought it was broken because 'things move inside' when off (the SR mechanism)?

In any case, cam is perfect, really enjoying the large viewfinder the most!

One thing I'm not clear on, is the original factory warranty valid?

03-15-2022, 11:15 AM - 1 Like   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
Thanks for the link! Saw the first one slip by, but this one I slept on .. and it was still there in the AM!

So ..
It arrived in the standard Amazon way with deflated pillows and rattling inside the big box ..lol.
Inside, the K-1 was in it's original box, with all accessories. It looks like the body was taken out of the packaging, and put back.
No marks, fingerprints nor any marks anywhere, and I looked carefully.
Snapped my first FF digital pic and check shutter count with the PF tool, result = 1.
So it's brand new, unless the 'renewed' also erases the shutter count? My impression is that maybe it was just a return. Maybe somebody didn't like the size or heft? Or maybe they thought it was broken because 'things move inside' when off (the SR mechanism)?

In any case, cam is perfect, really enjoying the large viewfinder the most!

One thing I'm not clear on, is the original factory warranty valid?
Nope, it's only covered by the "Amazon Renewed" 90-day warranty. I have a brand new DFA 15-30, `100% positive, but it was sold by Amazon as "Used". Pentax won't cover these as a new lens or a new camera since Amazon says they are not despite what we see.
03-15-2022, 11:43 AM   #9

Ok, that's what I thought. Just wanted to be clear in case I missed something. Thanks!

BTW, production date was Sept 2021 and firmware installed = 1.21.00.11
03-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No who would be best on extended warranties - but here's one that doesn't look awful -
Reliable Camera and Lens Warranties for Nikon, Canon & More
03-17-2022, 05:07 AM   #11

QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Nope, it's only covered by the "Amazon Renewed" 90-day warranty. I have a brand new DFA 15-30, `100% positive, but it was sold by Amazon as "Used". Pentax won't cover these as a new lens or a new camera since Amazon says they are not despite what we see.
Interesting, because when I look at my order it actually says 'NEW'.
03-17-2022, 07:52 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kayakfari Quote
Interesting, because when I look at my order it actually says 'NEW'.
If you need service in the first year, then you'll know for sure.
03-17-2022, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
If it came with a warranty card unsubmitted, I'd fathom a guess you're good.
03-29-2022, 11:21 AM   #14
Pentaxian

I was so sad to see it's gone but at least on of our PF Brethren got it ! I keep looking for another about 10 times a day....so far nothing.
When the Bat Virus started it treated me quite harsh and ended up loosing my K-1 and 645 Z kit to pay bills. I've had a hole in my heart ever since .....
This deal on Amazon is a done deal if it just comes along again....one more time......Please.....lol.
03-29-2022, 12:47 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ronald Oakes Quote
I was so sad to see it's gone but at least on of our PF Brethren got it ! I keep looking for another about 10 times a day....so far nothing.
When the Bat Virus started it treated me quite harsh and ended up loosing my K-1 and 645 Z kit to pay bills. I've had a hole in my heart ever since .....
This deal on Amazon is a done deal if it just comes along again....one more time......Please.....lol.
I'm sorry, but keep watching and maybe another deal will come up down the road...