Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
K-S2 brand new! on Amazon.com.au
Posted By: i_trax, 04-07-2022, 05:11 PM

with full AU warranty , AU$849 incl postage

Pentax K-S2 DSLR Black Body Only Digital Single Lens Reflex Camera Body: Digital SLRs: amazon.com.au?tag=pentaxforums-20&
Views: 411
04-07-2022, 05:27 PM   #2
Forum Member

Clicked on the link...went to the site...camera marked "Currently unavailable."

Guess only one was available?
04-07-2022, 05:47 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
no it is still showing "Only 1 left" , perhaps available to Australian addresses only.
I can place it into my Cart ,
or it is some kind of error on Amazon site , after all it is very old camera.....
04-07-2022, 06:11 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
no it is still showing "Only 1 left" , perhaps available to Australian addresses only.
Correct, if you plug in a valid Australian post code it shows the camera as available. Feedback for seller shows 8% negative in last 90 days (0% in last 30 days), so I would be cautious.

04-07-2022, 06:24 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reduno Quote
Correct, if you plug in a valid Australian post code it shows the camera as available. Feedback for seller shows 8% negative in last 90 days (0% in last 30 days), so I would be cautious.
I purchased most of my Pentax and Sigma etc gear from them , although directly - not via Amazon,
and never had any issues.
They are after all the official Pentax / Sigma etc sole Australian distributor and importer.
04-07-2022, 06:33 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They are after all the official Pentax / Sigma etc sole Australian distributor and importer.
Thanks for the clarification. I simply clicked on the Amazon seller rating, without any knowledge of the seller. Glad to hear you had a good experience with the Pentax distributor. Perhaps there were some shipping issues (or other factors) that contributed to the negative feedback during that period.
04-07-2022, 07:11 PM   #7
pjv
Proudly Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I purchased most of my Pentax and Sigma etc gear from them , although directly - not via Amazon,
and never had any issues.
Hey Jack, C.R. Kennedy is the sole authorized Australian importer of Pentax and Sigma gear. Warranties on gear bought from other sources might not be honoured. Unless Amazon have their own warranty service or an agreement with C.R. Kennedy, there is a risk of paying full price for repairs during the warranty period.

A link to their warranty guidelines below

https://crkphotoimaging.com.au/about/warranty-information

Last edited by pjv; 04-07-2022 at 07:34 PM.