Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Paint Shop Pro 2021 plus After Shot Pro 3 - $20
Posted By: West Penn, 04-08-2022, 05:46 AM

Newegg has Paint Shop Pro 2021 with After Shot Pro 3 for $20 after using promotional code "SSBR829" see: Corel PaintShop Pro 2021 with AfterShot Pro 3 - Newegg.com

It's one of Newegg's Shell Shocker deals so it's only good today -- April 8th
Views: 504
04-08-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aftershot Pro 3 is useless even compared to free software like RawTherapee or Darktable, but PSP can be pretty handy on a budget.
Though if anyone shoots Jpeg, the Perfectly Clear in ASP3 is a good one-click enhancer, I've used that quite a bit in the past.
04-08-2022, 08:38 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I wouldn't call it "useless," but in all honesty I haven't used my copy of Aftershot Pro 3 in several years. I had to go searching old download files and reload it, and then find the product key in order to have a look. It seems like a lightroom user would find it very easy to use, something I really can't say for darktable and Rawtherapee.

Perfectly Clear and Auto Levels work just as well with RAW files, and there are a full range of sliders to cover most needs. For $20 you get Paint Shop Pro 2021 as well, so seems like quite the bargain. I think I just talked myself into buying it.
04-09-2022, 08:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's useless in my opinion because it smudges details especially with cameras 16MP and up. When I compared file detail it was quite embarrassing. Their demosaic algorithm which is proprietary, is just bad by today's standards.