Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
NOS Super Multi-Coated 85mm f:1.9 Takumar
Posted By: onlineflyer, 05-01-2022, 05:46 PM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

For the collector, NOS Super Multi-Coated 85mm f:1.9 Takumar on Ebay

NOS Super Multi-Coated 85mm f:1.9 Takumar, 42mm screw mount | eBay

I have no relationship with the seller.
Views: 782
05-01-2022, 06:23 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That seems like a very good price for NOS.
05-02-2022, 12:33 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

And it's gone already... no surprise there. I wonder if one of our fellow forum members picked it up?
05-02-2022, 06:36 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Looks nice but not sure what he meant by "This one is SMC but does not have the full aperture lever on the back". Takumars don't have aperture levers, they have aperture stop-down pins.

05-02-2022, 07:39 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Looks nice but not sure what he meant by "This one is SMC but does not have the full aperture lever on the back". Takumars don't have aperture levers, they have aperture stop-down pins.
Good catch. It could just be that or the pin may be removed or stuck inside.
05-02-2022, 08:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Good catch. It could just be that or the pin may be removed or stuck inside.
There wasn't a photo of the back of the lens, but maybe they meant the aperture simulator controlled by the aperture ring that connects to the body's metering system?

I only recall hearing about Super Taks that had the simulator (when they normally didn't); I don't recall reading about SMC Taks that were missing it (when they normally would have).
05-02-2022, 09:21 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jslifoaw Quote
There wasn't a photo of the back of the lens, but maybe they meant the aperture simulator controlled by the aperture ring that connects to the body's metering system?

I only recall hearing about Super Taks that had the simulator (when they normally didn't); I don't recall reading about SMC Taks that were missing it (when they normally would have).
We may never know. Lol.