Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
BH Photo Used Pentax Lenses
Posted By: steamloco76, 06-21-2022, 04:40 AM

Used Digital Camera SLR Interchangeable Lenses | B&H Photo Video
BH has a decent stock of used, higher graded Pentax digital lenses including a Sigma the 18-300 DA*300/4 and The 560.
Views: 741
06-21-2022, 05:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Some nice deals in that group. The DA* 300 and 200 look like very good deals.
06-21-2022, 05:05 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I followed the link, and after a brief glimpse of a lens for sale they kicked me in the teeth!

Someone please tell them that stopping people from seeing their adverts is not the way to sell stuff.

06-21-2022, 05:41 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
I followed the link, and after a brief glimpse of a lens for sale they kicked me in the teeth!

Someone please tell them that stopping people from seeing their adverts is not the way to sell stuff.
Original Poster here. They did it to me too. A screen pops up asking you to hold your finger on a button for about fifteen seconds.
Once you do that, you can visit and re-visit. It is odd that they are the only site doing this.

---------- Post added 06-21-22 at 08:43 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Some nice deals in that group. The DA* 300 and 200 look like very good deals.
The Sigma 18-300 Contemporary is a fantastic all in one lens which is nearly unobtainium in Pentax Mount. They go for $500-650 on FleaBay.

06-21-2022, 07:59 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Agreed there's some nice glass there. For reasons unknown to me, my resistance is good right now...
06-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Rats the DA300 is gone! Waited too long i guess Hope someone here picked it up!
06-22-2022, 09:19 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Cookies and JavaScript are routine requirements these days.
You can’t expect much from the Internet if you don’t allow them.
You aren’t giving control of your computer to an advertiser if you allow them.

06-22-2022, 12:11 PM   #8
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Cookies and JavaScript are routine requirements these days.You can’t expect much from the Internet if you don’t allow them
I have Javascript and cookies enabled, although for websites I visit casually, like BH's just then, I use Private Browsing which deletes any cookies on leaving. I do have some ad blockers which they probably noticed, but ad blockers block the loading of third party stuff (or the owner's own stuff if they are silly enough to make it look like third party stuff), not the primary content of the web page, even if it is an advert itself.

My point was that it is stupid for someone trying to sell stuff to put any obstacle between their advert and the viewer. My going to their web page should have been something for them to be pleased about, not to throw up obstacles. It is different for something like a news web site where third party ads are their main source of income.
06-22-2022, 02:11 PM   #9
Pentaxian

I have Javascript and cookies enabled, although for websites I visit casually, like BH's just then, I use Private Browsing which deletes any cookies on leaving. I do have some ad blockers which they probably noticed, but ad blockers block the loading of third party stuff (or the owner's own stuff if they are silly enough to make it look like third party stuff), not the primary content of the web page, even if it is an advert itself.

My point was that it is stupid for someone trying to sell stuff to put any obstacle between their advert and the viewer. My going to their web page should have been something for them to be pleased about, not to throw up obstacles. It is different for something like a news web site where third party ads are their main source of income.
I have never had a problem there. I really do believe that it is something you are doing - they are not knowingly putting any obstacle to you.