Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Shopgoodwill.com - Sears TLS and 55/1.4
Posted By: zzaletel, 08-23-2022, 03:23 PM

Sears T L S Film Camera #2 - shopgoodwill.com

Black Sears TLS m42 mount camera with the sears-branded Rikenon 55/1.4 lens. Snazzy SR butterfly logo!

Views: 611
08-24-2022, 06:54 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been subscribed to ShopGoodwill for over five years...
I've gotten a few good Pentax items... Pentax hand held spot meter for $45 with shipping, Promaster Spectrum 28 - 300mm lens with a Quantaray 2X AF converter for $55 (with shipping). And, a WG-II water proof point and shoot for about $85... And I got one big stinker... (I got a red body K30 with an 18-55 WP lens for $135 - only to find out it had the dreaded Chinese solenoid failure). But, it did have an 18-55 WP lens, so not a total loss (I have a dead K20D so I have the replacement solenoid - it's just a matter of time to fix it...)

It used to be a great Pentax resource, but the word has gotten out and now people are bid mad for anything Pentax... K1000's are going for hundreds instead of $50-$75.

Bid responsibly
08-24-2022, 08:15 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Agree in general

The price of most basic Pentax cameras on SG has certainly crept upward - I’m amazed at the bidding for K1000s on there most days. That said, there are still a few bargains to be had and or interesting pieces for not too dear sums.
08-24-2022, 07:31 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That 55/1.4 is a heckuva lens.

IIRC, that SR logo was meant to evoke the orbits of electrons around atoms, not a butterfly.

08-26-2022, 08:21 AM   #5

Ugh it's cheap for now but people bid so high on these goodwill auctions for listings with terrible photos. You can get good deals on there if you're careful, but from my own personal experience it's like gambling and you'll eventually come out behind because plenty of seeming deals land you fungus infected non functional junk. I've actually had much better luck on eBay where someone might misidentify a listing or post a camera lot where I'm able to identify something good from the photos that isn't written into the listing so it filters out all of the people with saved search alerts.