Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
Pentax smc 600mm f4 4.0 ED IF
Posted By: Ducatigaz, 10-26-2022, 06:25 AM

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Painted Pentax smc 600mm f4 4.0 ED IF on ebay.

pentax smc 600mm f4 4.0 ED IF AF! super rare | eBay
Views: 735
10-26-2022, 08:02 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also of note: does not ship to the United States.

I wonder why GREEN? I can see camouflage or white or even black, but bright green? Lol.
10-26-2022, 08:16 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Also of note: does not ship to the United States.
My wallet says "thank god!"
10-26-2022, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Wow, big impressive lens, but looks like it has been repainted to UncleVanyas favorite color (kidding UncleVanya) That would be one to take out in public and get comments (and not just for its size)!

10-26-2022, 08:21 AM - 2 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob 256 Quote
Wow, big impressive lens, but looks like it has been repainted to UncleVanyas favorite color (kidding UncleVanya)
Lol. Yes. It was a custom job for me. I have a bright green k3-mk7 it mounts to. (Not!)
10-26-2022, 10:28 AM - 2 Likes   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, I could never imagine sullying such a grand lens in this way...
10-27-2022, 01:14 PM - 3 Likes   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Wow, I could never imagine sullying such a grand lens in this way...
RIght!? I think I would have worn the battle scars proudly of the original chipped finish and just used it like I stole it before attempting such a crazy thing.

...And since I've done A LOT of paint work in another life, you have to wonder if any overspray got inside of anything critical. I've seen droplets of overspray hang in the air and still be viable to attach depending on the speed of the thinner, and have that overspray get in through the tiniest of seams or openings. God forbid it was a zoom, but I'd wager even turning the focus ring at the wrong moment could pull some inside while spraying.

...And even with all that said, I'd still be tempted at that price if it was local and I could eyeball it before buying* it, heh heh.

Eric

*I'd buy one of those padded camouflage wraps to hide that hideous green so fast your head would spin. LOL!