Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
Fanotec Replacement foot Pentax DA* 60-250mm & DA* 300mm & Panoramc Hardware
Posted By: yucatanPentax, 01-21-2023, 02:25 AM

The Fanotec Lens Foot for Pentax DA* 60-250 and DA* 300mm is on sale, on sale. Marked down from $49.95 to $34.95, it is another 20% off until January 31, 2023, making it $28 USD.

(Note that FedEx shipping is from Hong Kong, so that does add to the bill).

Most everything I saw was on sale and the 20% discount seems to apply to everything. Arca-Swiss QR plates are included. You would want an LP-70, LP-85, LP-100 to add to the foot to complete an Arca compatible foot assembly for anything other than smaller lens/camera combinations. The foot can be screwed directly to a 1/4" tripod without a plate, but not advisable on the lenses mentioned in the title.

I have one of these and use it regularly. Even with the FedEx fees, I just bought another to have as a spare.

If you run across a DA* 60-250mm or 300mm without a foot (the Pentax version have been known to break at the "ears" that clip to the lens itself), this is the chance to complete the lens & foot set to be fully tripod ready.

Best Panoramic Tripod and Automated Robotic Heads Offering and 360 VR Solutions | Fanotec

Website text:
QuoteQuote:
Happy New Year 2023! Get up to 20% discount even for items already on sale! Offer Ends 31 Jan 2023.
Shipping center will be closed during Lunar New Year Holiday, from 19 Jan to 25 Jan.
Orders received during holiday will be shipped afterwards.

Views: 945
01-21-2023, 07:22 AM - 2 Likes   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
The Fanotec Lens Foot for Pentax DA* 60-250 and DA* 300mm is on sale, on sale. Marked down from $49.95 to $34.95, it is another 20% off until January 31, 2023, making it $28 USD.

(Note that FedEx shipping is from Hong Kong, so that does add to the bill).

Most everything I saw was on sale and the 20% discount seems to apply to everything. Arca-Swiss QR plates are included. You would want an LP-70, LP-85, LP-100 to add to the foot to complete an Arca compatible foot assembly for anything other than smaller lens/camera combinations. The foot can be screwed directly to a 1/4" tripod without a plate, but not advisable on the lenses mentioned in the title.

I have one of these and use it regularly. Even with the FedEx fees, I just bought another to have as a spare.

If you run across a DA* 60-250mm or 300mm without a foot (the Pentax version have been known to break at the "ears" that clip to the lens itself), this is the chance to complete the lens & foot set to be fully tripod ready.

Best Panoramic Tripod and Automated Robotic Heads Offering and 360 VR Solutions | Fanotec

Website text:
My DA* 60-250 was shipped new with the short DA* 300 foot. That’s an uncomfortable height for handheld use. I bought one of these years ago and couldn’t be happier. Great lens foot.
01-21-2023, 09:05 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Does we absolutely have to buy their Arca Swiss Compatible Lens Plate to fit under that replacement foot, or any other plate (I already have many) would work ?
(that would be true if the holes on plate are correctly aligned)
01-22-2023, 01:18 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
Does we absolutely have to buy their Arca Swiss Compatible Lens Plate to fit under that replacement foot, or any other plate (I already have many) would work ?
(that would be true if the holes on plate are correctly aligned)
I haven't tried to use other brands. You have a choice of attaching the foot to a plate with a 1/4" thread, as you'd do for a camera attachment. But, there are two smaller screws / matching holes on the plate and theaded holes in the foot that you can use to attach the foot to the plate with hex drive screws. This seems much more secure to me, as the single 1/4" thread might swivel under pressure, while the two smaller screws can make use of thread locker or at least be tightened more securely than most people would do with the 1/4", which they may intend to use on other items in the future.

Those are my thoughts on it anyway. So, to summarize, the foot has a centered bottom threaded hole for the 1/4" and two smaller threaded holes on each side of the 1/4" spot for smaller screws. Use with the smaller screws has seemed rock solid to me.

01-30-2023, 12:12 PM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
Fanotec Replacement foot
Thanks to @yucatanPentax for the heads up.

I ordered the foot and a 100-mm plate on 23 January.

With the sale and discount code, the price was USD $27.96 for each item. FedEx express shipping was USD $35.00, for a total of USD $90.92.

My additional costs included currency conversion, Canadian Goods and Services Tax (13%) and a FedEx fee (CAD $10) for handling the GST. No import duty was charged. Grand total was CAD $149 all in. That's quite expensive for a couple of incidental items, but now I'll have confidence that my DA* 300 and camera won't topple off my tripod.

I received the items quickly. Fanotec shipped the package on 26 January, right after the Lunar New Year holiday. Delivered to my door today (30 January); Fanotec had specified a weekday delivery.

FedEx communicated well. I received several status reports, and a message to prepay the GST and fee prior to delivery. All good.

As for the foot, it's well made and the movable clamp is much beefier than the original. The foot attaches to the plate securely with 4 screws. The foot can also attach to a QR plate using its standard 1/4" socket, but I opted for the Fanotec plate to avoid any possible twisting.

- Craig
01-30-2023, 01:34 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote

With the sale and discount code, the price was USD $27.96 for each item. FedEx express shipping was USD $35.00, for a total of USD $90.92.

My additional costs included currency conversion, Canadian Goods and Services Tax (13%) and a FedEx fee (CAD $10) for handling the GST. No import duty was charged. Grand total was CAD $149 all in. That's quite expensive for a couple of incidental items, but now I'll have confidence that my DA* 300 and camera won't topple off my tripod.

I received the items quickly. Fanotec shipped the package on 26 January, right after the Lunar New Year holiday. Delivered to my door today (30 January); Fanotec had specified a weekday delivery.

FedEx communicated well. I received several status reports, and a message to prepay the GST and fee prior to delivery. All good.

As for the foot, it's well made and the movable clamp is much beefier than the original. The foot attaches to the plate securely with 4 screws. The foot can also attach to a QR plate using its standard 1/4" socket, but I opted for the Fanotec plate to avoid any possible twisting.

- Craig
Nice to know that you liked them. They are really well made.
02-02-2023, 08:39 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote

- Craig
I also ordered during this sale, Fanotec shipped on the 1/30, FexEx initially said it would arrive 2/1 then changed it to today. The items arrived today despite snow and near white out weather 'til noon. Seeing what the shipping cost was, I ordered two clamps and two QR plates of different lengths. Installed the longer one on my DA*300mm, keeping the other for a spare for now, but it may end on on the 60-250mm. I'll likely add a drop of blue (removeable) threadlock on the four screws holding the plate to the clamp, to ensure they stay put without over torquing them.

Added: Coming from the machine tool industry, I can vouch for the quality of the Fanotec items I ordered. Function and finish are excellent.

Last edited by bspn; 02-03-2023 at 08:10 AM.