Posted By: superpowerpinger, 02-23-2023, 09:19 PM

https://us.ricoh-imaging.com/trade-in-program/

Views: 2,594
02-28-2023, 09:39 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Lol - I love how committed to colors you are.
You bet! Anyone can have a plain black camera.

02-28-2023, 11:17 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
That is how these offers work. They are very common with other brands. As I posted earlier if people want more information on this they should check with a dealer or Ricoh. I am done with this.
I think you mix this up with cashback offers. Where you send in a receipt from a retailer to the manufacture and get a credit back. There has been cashback offers on Pentax products in the past too.

In this case you send in a camera and most likely get a code back on e-mail which can be use for credit when buying a camera on Ricoh's American webshop.
02-28-2023, 04:52 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Anyone else notice that as of today the price of the K3 iii is now 1999.95, same as the K1 ii. I'm hoping someone over there made a mistake when updating the website!
02-28-2023, 05:29 PM   #34
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waynetc Quote
Anyone else notice that as of today the price of the K3 iii is now 1999.95, same as the K1 ii. I'm hoping someone over there made a mistake when updating the website!
Oh wow, I looked earlier today and the price was $1699.95, just $3 more than at Amazon. Perhaps there was a discount that expired on the Ricoh-Imaging website because it is now March 1 in Japan.

03-01-2023, 10:28 AM   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
Oh wow, I looked earlier today and the price was $1699.95, just $3 more than at Amazon. Perhaps there was a discount that expired on the Ricoh-Imaging website because it is now March 1 in Japan.
The development team was justly proud of the view presented by that new prism, but they can push that only so far. I’m not sure what Japanese customers want, but Western customers clearly use the K-3 as both a field camera, as well as an action camera. I expect this will be included in their thinking about an upcoming upgrade to the K-1 line, even more to the ‘645’ line and the K-70 line.
03-01-2023, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
That is how these offers work. They are very common with other brands. As I posted earlier if people want more information on this they should check with a dealer or Ricoh. I am done with this.
As in " I have no idea what I am talking about so have decided to leave in a huff?"

Nice to see my K-1 is worth the same as a K-5 ....
03-01-2023, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #37
kwb
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by waynetc Quote
Seems like that was a mistake, now it's back to 1699.95.

03-09-2023, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
This is a bit marginal but usedphotopro.com has some inoperable bodies for less than $30. If you order some other stuff it can save you a few bucks.Used Camera Equipment | UsedPhotoPro

As I said these are marginal deals but you would be putting a dead camera to use.
03-20-2023, 12:50 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So has anyone gotten a response from Pentax after filling in the initial form?
How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I have an old Kr which would actually be a good deal at $200 trade in, at least this would be easier than trying to sell it myself.

I tried filling the form yesterday and was kind of surprised that I didn't get at least an automated response in my email.

Anyone else tried this?
03-20-2023, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by smrk Quote
So has anyone gotten a response from Pentax after filling in the initial form?
How long did it take for them to get back to you?

I have an old Kr which would actually be a good deal at $200 trade in, at least this would be easier than trying to sell it myself.

I tried filling the form yesterday and was kind of surprised that I didn't get at least an automated response in my email.

Anyone else tried this?
Try emailing Swati.Patel@ricoh-usa.com That's who I worked with when my form was delayed. Best Wishes