Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #511
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by irishwhite Quote
Just got this and a couple of other lenses for free using Freecycle.org. Notice the lens that was attached to the camera :-)

Free? That's a bargain

03-04-2010, 06:45 PM   #512
Veteran Member

Just got a new soft tent a couple of weeks ago, tested some shots on my favorite film set up;

Looks pretty cool, aren't they?
03-04-2010, 09:32 PM   #513
Veteran Member

Frank, in regards to your bargain comment...i was recently emailing back and forth with a guy who had a craigslist ad up and he mentioned that "you pentax guys, you're always looking for a bargain." After browsing through these forums the past several weeks...i can see where one might get that idea.

Also, I absolutely love how the cameras appear to be floating. Wonderful shots. If you don't mind my ignorance, could you tell me what model that camera is? It looks beautiful and i'm sorry to say i've got about 7 film bodies but the only black one I have is my P3 (which i just bought 3 days ago along with an SF1 for $25)
03-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #514
Veteran Member

Frank, in regards to your bargain comment...i was recently emailing back and forth with a guy who had a craigslist ad up and he mentioned that "you pentax guys, you're always looking for a bargain." After browsing through these forums the past several weeks...i can see where one might get that idea.
I agree, most Pentaxians are looking for bargains everywhere

Also, I absolutely love how the cameras appear to be floating. Wonderful shots. If you don't mind my ignorance, could you tell me what model that camera is? It looks beautiful and i'm sorry to say i've got about 7 film bodies but the only black one I have is my P3 (which i just bought 3 days ago along with an SF1 for $25)
Thanks. Glad you like them I'm surprised that you didn't recognize the camera. It's a beaten up LX

03-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #515
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I agree, most Pentaxians are looking for bargains everywhere

Thanks. Glad you like them I'm surprised that you didn't recognize the camera. It's a beaten up LX

Don't be surprised...I'm still very new to the whole "film" thing. I've heard much about the camera, and am afraid ithat's a body that is beyond my budget :-(
03-04-2010, 11:19 PM   #516

tadaaaaaaa
Attached Images

03-05-2010, 09:08 AM   #517
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Just got a new soft tent a couple of weeks ago, tested some shots on my favorite film set up;

Looks pretty cool, aren't they?

Nice Frank!! I like the reflections in the K35/2, great shot.

Phil.

03-05-2010, 11:47 AM   #518
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This one by DA15 looks super cool. I'd give it a try w/ my DA15 on film
That one was my favorite as well. A 15mm lens on film is pretty special, even with the vignetting. The DA21 does not vignette enough to make the effect interesting.

I'm playing now with the Sigma 17-35 DG EX on film. It was made for full frame digital, so no vignetting.

Last edited by GeneV; 03-05-2010 at 11:52 AM.
03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #519

Just arrived today! My first pentax film camera. I bought a 50mm 1.7 and it came along for the ride . I cant wait to use it but the light seals are gone so ill need to fix that.

Taken with the said 50mm.
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM   #520
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by basso4735 Quote
Just arrived today! My first pentax film camera. I bought a 50mm 1.7 and it came along for the ride . I cant wait to use it but the light seals are gone so ill need to fix that.

Taken with the said 50mm.

Oh come on! just one view? I wanna see the 3/4 overhead view! For some reason, seeing the dials is the most exciting part to me. Looks like you're taking to the 1.7 quite nicely. :yea:
03-05-2010, 11:58 PM   #521
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Nice Frank!! I like the reflections in the K35/2, great shot.

Phil.
Thanks Phil Need to bring them out for a spin soon.
03-06-2010, 09:27 AM   #522
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
my first Pentax film body

Well, it looks as if my Nikon FA may have found a new home, along with the MD15, SB16, and three lenses: a 50/1.4 AIS, a 28/2.8 AI, and a 135/2.8 AI'd.

So I decided I needed a Pentax film body since I've now got a few M series primes and one K series prime.

Here's what I found on craigslist:

I shot that with my K-7 and newly acquired M50/1.7. So now I have two 50s. (I guess things could be worse, right?)

The owner was happy her camera had found a new home, and I was happy to get the MX and an M50/1.4. (It also came with an off-brand zoom, which so far hasn't impressed me in the least. But I was shooting wide open, and maybe it'll have better IQ stopped down.)

I used to want an MX back in the early 80s, but never got one. I was still shooting with my Fujica ST801 then--still have it and four Fujinon EBCs. But the Nikon gear I started accumulating around 1990 is more expendable.

Sure is nice to have an MX to mount my K17/4 on!

Now I just have to burn a roll or two of Delta 100 or such to test the MX and get used to it. It's roughly the width of my old ST801 (which has a slightly different LED array), but the MX seems much shorter. (I should compare them side-by-side. . . .)

I'm glad that my FA is going to a friend who's as excited about it as I am about the MX!

Last edited by grey goat; 03-06-2010 at 09:29 AM. Reason: punctuation. . . .
03-06-2010, 03:46 PM   #523
Forum Member

First wanted a dSLR after a convo w/ a friend and started looking for film SLR due to budget and started leaning towards a Spotmatic. Picked one up later with a 50mm preset macro and Vivitar 250 prime but was already in the deep end. Ended up finding and bidding on the perfect camera.

I've shot 3 rolls with it, a handful of happy results and a real bond with my new baby. Its also so intuitive and full featured that I've gotten kind of spoiled by it.
Since I'm still learning, I've been shooting with the cheapest film I could find, Fuji Superia. I'd like to try some B&W, maybe the new "Neopan" or some high ISO film but so far I'm still experimenting.

Also ended up with another Spotty and a 55/1.8 and zoom from a fellow member here. Though the two Spottys don't get any use b/c of they condition so I'm looking to get rid of them. Maybe save one for "Sunny 16" shooting since all mech are good still.

Oh yes, I still ended up getting a dSLR, and a pretty serious kit at that but the PZ-1P is still probably my favorite so far.
03-07-2010, 03:37 PM   #524
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My Pentax film crew :

SpeedGraphic | Ektar 101/4.5 | RB67 back| Neopan Acros 100 |HC-110 |
(with a little help from Capt. Scheimpflug)
03-07-2010, 09:50 PM   #525
Veteran Member

^^
what camera is that gene..? the second from the left..the autofocus one.. i failed to recognize..