Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-16-2010, 04:39 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Don't worry. Your aluminum foil helmet should protect you.

03-16-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should!!???
03-16-2010, 04:57 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by artistcjconrad Quote
the first three pictures of the 2nd set was taken 15 km away from my home and the last two from my home after atleast two hours. My question is what kind of contrail spreads out and becomes a huge cloud like that? Or how can a contrail hangs around for two/three hours. How is that possible? You folks are telling me it's contrail and I want to believe it but, my common sense tells me it's imposible to get a huge cloud formation from a simple contrail. And, that contrail was not from five planes I saw earlier, it was from a single plane. Some explanation from somebody who understands the aviation industry would be verymuch appreciated.

regards
cj
I've seen contrails like these thousands of times. All it takes is the right wind conditions at altitude. Think about this too. If they were spraying something that they actually wanted to hurt you, they would be doing it at a much much lower altitude.

Mike
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
And so what is your (OP's) point? You sound like pesticide over Canada is a bad thing.

And why would chemtrails act any different from contrails, or vice versa?

03-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #20
Veteran Member

It's di-hydrogen oxide. When it's sprayed from aircraft engines and you see little dispersion you will receive precipitation of some kind within 48 hours.

Seriously, one of our local radio DJ's once made a fake announcement saying that most homes in our area have di-hydrogen oxide in their water pipes and the phone lines were jammed with callers asking what they should do. The answer was to clear the water lines by opening a faucet.

Contrails are affected not only by wind but also lower temperatures and higher humidity. My amateur weatherman training tells me it will be snowing soon in K-beck. Unless it doesn't, of course.
03-16-2010, 06:06 PM   #21
Veteran Member

What would a toilet being emptied at 30,000 look like... OMG!!!
03-16-2010, 07:36 PM   #22

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
I've seen contrails like these thousands of times. All it takes is the right wind conditions at altitude. Think about this too. If they were spraying something that they actually wanted to hurt you, they would be doing it at a much much lower altitude.

Mike
You have to understand the fact that I live 200km north of Montreal. Being a landscape artist who loves to paint sunset and different type of clouds, I watch the sky many times a day. I also watch stars at night. So, I know how the sky looks around here. I don’t think there are many flights scheduled to pass over this area. I see a plane or two pass everyday at very high altitude, barely visible. Summer time I see some very small planes at very low altitude spraying pesticide. Then suddenly yesterday, I saw around 40 or more planes passing over the area in a systematic pattern leaving those weird contrail marks. They were coming and going non-stop. First group I saw had five planes. Then 2-3 at A time for couple of hours. One group disappears in the west and you see another group is coming from the east.

Now, when you are used to see one or two planes a day and then suddenly one day you see a whole bunch of planes come out of nowhere and leaving behind those strange marks which you never seen before, that makes you think, no? Something does not look right here and I want to find out what’s going on. If they turn out real contrail, I’ll be very happy and relived. But if they are chemtrail, then I have to find out what’s in there and why are they in there. Hopefully, I‘m making some sense here.

I just hope nobody is playing with the nature trying to modify it, that would very, very stupid.

regards
cj

03-16-2010, 07:37 PM   #23
Veteran Member

the first three pictures of the 2nd set was taken 15 km away from my home and the last two from my home after atleast two hours. My question is what kind of contrail spreads out and becomes a huge cloud like that? Or how can a contrail hangs around for two/three hours. How is that possible? You folks are telling me it's contrail and I want to believe it but, my common sense tells me it's imposible to get a huge cloud formation from a simple contrail.

regards
cj
Well, I'm not from the aviation industry, but that stuff happens all the time: I think what you're seeing is just an ordinary contrail that set off a bit of formation of high cloud in its wake.
03-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #24
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by B Grace Quote
It's di-hydrogen oxide. When it's sprayed from aircraft engines and you see little dispersion you will receive precipitation of some kind within 48 hours.

Seriously, one of our local radio DJ's once made a fake announcement saying that most homes in our area have di-hydrogen oxide in their water pipes and the phone lines were jammed with callers asking what they should do. The answer was to clear the water lines by opening a faucet.

Contrails are affected not only by wind but also lower temperatures and higher humidity. My amateur weatherman training tells me it will be snowing soon in K-beck. Unless it doesn't, of course.
Don't you mean di-hydrogen monoxide?
Dihydrogen Monoxide Research Division - dihydrogen monoxide info
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Indeed. The greatest threat known to humanity.

It's been known to be fatal in sufficient quantities.
03-17-2010, 03:18 AM   #26
Veteran Member

You have to understand the fact that I live 200km north of Montreal. Being a landscape artist who loves to paint sunset and different type of clouds, I watch the sky many times a day. I also watch stars at night. So, I know how the sky looks around here. I don’t think there are many flights scheduled to pass over this area. I see a plane or two pass everyday at very high altitude, barely visible. Summer time I see some very small planes at very low altitude spraying pesticide. Then suddenly yesterday, I saw around 40 or more planes passing over the area in a systematic pattern leaving those weird contrail marks. They were coming and going non-stop. First group I saw had five planes. Then 2-3 at A time for couple of hours. One group disappears in the west and you see another group is coming from the east.

Now, when you are used to see one or two planes a day and then suddenly one day you see a whole bunch of planes come out of nowhere and leaving behind those strange marks which you never seen before, that makes you think, no? Something does not look right here and I want to find out what’s going on. If they turn out real contrail, I’ll be very happy and relived. But if they are chemtrail, then I have to find out what’s in there and why are they in there. Hopefully, I‘m making some sense here.

I just hope nobody is playing with the nature trying to modify it, that would very, very stupid.

regards
cj
I do understand... and actually, the fact that this is an unusual amount of aircraft for your area gives even more weight to my idea that its probably a military flight. Most likely the Canadian & U.S. Air Forces were conducting some kind of exercises. Back during the cold war you would have probably seen these on a much more regular basis.

Mike
03-17-2010, 03:46 AM   #27
Veteran Member

Why do I not see any red or even reddish or at least pink contrails?

I think, that depending on the winds and atmospheric conditions, contrails can dissipate in a variety of ways.
And depending on the light conditions they may appear tinted. But not here.

There were no little green men out there were there? Pink elephants?

Orrrr --- Could it possibly be the Bloc Quebecois training skywriters in preparation for the next election campaign?

Mickey

Last edited by mickeyobe; 03-17-2010 at 03:59 AM.
03-17-2010, 04:34 AM   #28
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Gooshin Quote
i see planes up in the air all the time..

ze germanz are kaming
No! It's the Russians!

*looks at Gooshin*

Wait.

Shit.
03-17-2010, 04:39 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Since you asked about the contrails spreading out into large clouds you might want to read this...

9/11 study: Air traffic affects climate

Basically there are enough particulates and water vapor added to the atmosphere by high flying aircraft every day to measurably affect our temperatures...

Here is another interesting article that addresses your "chemtrails" specifically...

Langley (NASA) scientist takes the conspiracy out of contrails

Mike
03-17-2010, 06:24 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Right you are, I guess. It does have just one "O". I've always battled the instinct to refer to it as hydrogen dioxide but, good gravy, I've no idea what that would be. My brother is the chemist in the family so I've always stayed as far from the study as I could manage.

As for unexpected airplanes passing overhead I now have the urge to keep an eye turned skyward. Just because you're paranoid because you believe the black helicopters are following you doesn't mean they aren't actually following you.