Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2009, 02:37 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Handstrap

Does someone knows if this had-strap can be used on a K20+ battery-grip?

Thank you,

Philippe

Last edited by philippe; 01-14-2011 at 01:08 AM.
07-01-2009, 04:15 AM   #2
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by philippe Quote

Thank you,

Philippe
Philippe,

Can't comment on the Pentax unit, but I can tell you that the C Grip PH by Hukuba (available at B&H) works perfectly with the K20D with battery pack installed.

As a matter of fact all my cameras use this grip, as I HATE having a camera strap around my neck. When I'm using the camera it is always ready and I don't have hand fatigue as this model has a wrist strap that velcros and locks. Your fingers don't really have to hold the camera when your not shooting.

I can't recommend this unit enough.

wll
07-01-2009, 06:03 AM   #3
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by philippe Quote

Thank you,

Philippe
Yes it works fine and I like the strap quite a lot. I have it on both my K20D & K10D - both with battery grips. I did replace the rather flimsy bottom mount with a Camdapter which is also a very nice quick release plate.

Edit: Here are my thoughts from some earlier posts on the grip:

QuoteQuote:
I have the Pentax wrist strap attached to a K20D with a battery grip. First of this type I've tried. I like it well enough. Seems to be sturdy and finished in appearance. The strap cinches down around the wrist easily and feels both comfortable and secure. It releases with a pull tab so that I can quickly remove the camera without a lot of fumbling around. 'Pentax' is embossed in the leather harness. The only thing I don't care for is the tripod mounting hole is offset to one side. There is a large wheel on the bottom plate that is fairly easy to remove/install it for a more secure tripod mounting to the grip or camera base.

Never cared for neck straps. Uncomfortable and always getting in the way of the lens or controls. So I thought I would give this a try. For me, it's a keeper. But, as another poster mentioned, it is a personal preference thing. Try one first if you can.
And after I got the Camdapter:

QuoteQuote:
I have the Pentax hand grip as well. For me, it is very comfortable. It is easy to both 'mount' to my hand as well as remove it when I need to. I use a holster for long days when I might want to rest my arm. The leather and nylon parts are very well made - plus it has 'Pentax' embossed in the leather. I can release my grip on the camera without fear of dropping it. I did swap out the rather cheap plastic bottom plate with a Camdapter. It works great with my RRS quick release clamps. Though I haven't used it, it allows a neck strap to be attached sideways LX style. I like it enough that I won't be going back to neck straps.

Almost forgot, I also have the battery grip attached as well. Everything meshes together nicely with my K20D.
Hope this helps!

Best,
John

Last edited by jem; 07-01-2009 at 06:25 AM. Reason: clarity & additional info
07-01-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
wll
Veteran Member

John !!!

QuoteOriginally posted by jem Quote
Yes it works fine and I like the strap quite a lot. I have it on both my K20D & K10D - both with battery grips. I did replace the rather flimsy bottom mount with a Camdapter which is also a very nice quick release plate.

Edit: Here are my thoughts from some earlier posts on the grip:

And after I got the Camdapter:

Hope this helps!

Best,
John
John,

What camdapter model do you use on your K20D and would it work on a K200D. Do you have any photos of it attached ?

Thank you,

Wll

07-01-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
jem

QuoteOriginally posted by wll Quote
John,

What camdapter model do you use on your K20D and would it work on a K200D. Do you have any photos of it attached ?

Thank you,

Wll

I use the Standard Arca Neoprene. I think it would work on the K200D though I don't have first-hand experience. Jim at Camdapter should be able to tell you for sure.

I'll try and post a photo of my setup tonight.
07-01-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
wll
Veteran Member

I use the Standard Arca Neoprene. I think it would work on the K200D though I don't have first-hand experience. Jim at Camdapter should be able to tell you for sure.

I'll try and post a photo of my setup tonight.
Thanks Jem
07-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #7
jem

John,

Thank you,

Wll
Here you go!

Note: I took these with my K20D. The K10D is IR-converted.
Also note that the last image is the Camdapter in a RRS quick release - fits nicely (also in my Kirk & Wimberly QRs).

Last edited by jem; 08-23-2009 at 08:13 AM.
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #8
wll
Veteran Member

Thank you very much, I will order one for my K200D tomorrow.

wll
07-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #9
Inactive Account

What about a K-7 hand strap? It now hasexternal lugs.
07-01-2009, 08:43 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I seriously considered a hand strap but I don't want it in the way all the time, especially shooting vertical with a grip. Here's what I came up with and it works incredibly well. I can have a shoulder/neck strap or hand strap in a fraction of a second depending on my needs at the moment. Certainly not as sexy as the strap in the link you posted but for me, far more effective.
07-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot you all, but sadly enough, none of these straps are available in Belgium!
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM   #12
jem

Bummer - I did not realize that Pentax regionalized their accessories. Did you try requesting through Pentax in Europe? Should be the same part number - PTX 85101.

Also, I see that Adorama carries the strap - though they are currently out of stock. I think they will ship international.

Anyway, hope you find one.
07-03-2009, 01:00 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bummer - I did not realize that Pentax regionalized their accessories. Did you try requesting through Pentax in Europe? Should be the same part number - PTX 85101.

Also, I see that Adorama carries the strap - though they are currently out of stock. I think they will ship international.

Anyway, hope you find one.
Thanks,
No, Pentax Europe neither...
07-03-2009, 07:04 AM   #14
wll
Veteran Member

Here you go!

Note: I took these with my K20D. The K10D is IR-converted.
Also note that the last image is the Camdapter in a RRS quick release - fits nicely (also in my Kirk & Wimberly QRs).
Jem,

I just ordered a standard Monfroto version (because I use a battery pack) and a standard/neoprene version.

Will post photos when I receive, again than you for the info. Man a live these forums are great !

wll
07-03-2009, 07:41 AM   #15
jem

Jem,

I just ordered a standard Monfroto version (because I use a battery pack) and a standard/neoprene version.

Will post photos when I receive, again than you for the info. Man a live these forums are great !

wll
Glad I could help! And agreed on PF, it was another member who pointed me at the Camdapter.

Best,
John