Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #1
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canadians sign up here - others welcome.

This is not to exclude those from other countries but to encourage someone from each country to start a similar thread.

Here's the thought, post a message to the thread and give a simple description of your location. Include any specifics you want like camera gear, shooting style etc.

In future, if we want to organize a field trip, ask for advice on shooting a spot we're traveling to and so on, the info for contact would be all in one spot.

Use the "Go Advanced" button to post a message with a title as I've done with my entry following. It should just make it easy to scan the thread and find a region you want info on.

I don't think personal info, email or other data needs to be posted as the forum provides all that for PM's and Emails.

So everyone in other countries, get started on your data bases as well.

Last edited by Peter Zack; 01-29-2008 at 05:57 PM.
01-29-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

Ok to start,

I'm located in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island.
Originally from Halifax Nova Scotia.
I travel the 4 Atlantic provinces for work and have a reasonably good knowledge of the region.
Emails through the forum are welcome if you want to make contact for travel/shooting ideas in the region.

Primarily a landscape shooter that does some weddings and other paid work to fund the LBA.
01-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #3

near Winnipeg, Manitoba

I'm outside of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

Have a couple of pentas 35mm cams. Am just getting into older takumar lenses, interesting stuff. Have a canon dslr at the moment, so I'm using the pentax stuff with an adapter.

This is just a hobby for me. Am mostly interested in lanscapes, weather, and night shots.
01-29-2008, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Toronto

I'm located in Toronto, Ontario,
Travel through out canada and the US on hilidays
Main interests are wildlife, archetecture, landscapes, and stage performances
Just a hobby and intending to keep it that way

01-29-2008, 03:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm located in the Okanagan Valley, of British Columbia, and travel the province and into SW Alberta.

My main photography is landscapes, and nature, although I do shoot the odd event as well.
I'll even take on the odd wedding, but generally speaking avoid them

My equipment includes a Pentax DSLR. Mamiya medium format, and a Sigma DSLR.
With an ever growing assortment of lenses to fit both the Pentax and Sigma.
01-29-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Windsor, Ontario across from Detroit

Okey dokey Peter.

My name is Jaycee aka JC, Jean Claude, Judy Garland (on weekends lol). Anyway, I'm located as per my profile, in Windsor, Ontario where my family lives. I spent 14 years working in Malta (that's in the EU) and previous to that 17 years in downtown Toronto.

I own 2 istD and an ME and a Olympus non slr. I go back into SLR only a couple of years ago so consequently most of my stuff is on slides or negatives. Unfortunately, I did not take good care of either my negatives or lenses when I lived in humid areas so most work is really lost.

I've never really limited myself to any particulat subject matter although I love doing people. I've always had a difficult time with lighting and studio work so that's kind of out.

I've always wanted to join a Camera Club but haven't heard good things about them besides, I am very technically challenged when it comes to photography - I just love taking pictures.

Would really like to see a Pentax get together in this area, even if its for a coffee.

Looking forward to others joining this thread.
01-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I'm in the western part of Montreal myself, my toys are in my sig

I don't really have a shooting preference, I love taking pics but don't have much of a "creative" eye.

Pat

01-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Toronto Canada,

i sleep in aurora i live downtown (or try to anyway)

i like doing interior shots and keeping track of parties/gatherings of friends in pubs and clubs, i'm always lucky capturing peoples true selves.

my speciality i guess is anything less than 43mm, low light, manual focus. I do have a flash, but its older than i am.

other than that i try to travel alot, in the last 12 months ive been to cuba, ottawa (twice), russia, and random camp grounds in northern ontario. Up next, Japan or Europe, gotta flip a coin for that one.
01-29-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Forum Member

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

My name is Candice and currently I'm living in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan.

I have a K10D with a Sigma 17-70mm, an SMC-A 50mm f2.0 (with a set of extension tubes now!) and a Lensbaby 2.0. Soon I will be getting the Tamron 70-300mm Di.

I just started getting into photography as a hobby (as of October 2007) so I'm still learning and exploring my creative side.

Nobody visits here, but Saskatchewan is a great place for wide open skies and old farm buildings

Last edited by CJCram; 01-29-2008 at 04:52 PM.
01-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #10

South Surrey BC. Whiterock area.

My name is Brian and I am in the South Surrey area of BC.

I have just taken up photography again since retiring about a year ago.

I shoot wildlife, landscape and travel type shots with a K10D and various lenses. (Bad case of LBA)

I have done a few event shoots with the Crescent Beach Photography Club and enjoyed the event shooting enough to look forward to more this year.
01-29-2008, 04:34 PM   #11
Veteran Member

My name is Gaelen
I have lived all over ontario, and now reside in BC

I travel between Richmond and langley for work, and know most of the lower mainland very well.

My gear is in my sig...I shoot mostly cars, but I'm branching out into some other things at the moment.
01-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Living in Barrie, Ontario. Also known as "Toronto's bedroom community"

I would absolutely love to hook up with other Pentax/misc photographers and share locations and techniques.

- Andrew
01-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Sherwood Park, Alberta

Hello my name is Dave

I live in Sherwood Park (just outside of Edmonton) been in Alberta since '79
I am a Air Force Brat been all over - Born in France and been everywhere in Canada except "The Rock"
Parents both from Maritimes spent a lot of time in Nova Scotia and PEI as a kid
My equipment is in my sig
I have a passion for Photography although relatively new at it,
I will shot anything , my wife calls me a RSP (Random Sh** Photographer) - I also like RSP to stand for Random Sh** Photography
I like Landscapes , Wildlife, Night Photography, Moon shots, abstracts just like taking pictures. Have taken camera and lens into grocery stores , Rogers Video (shot a bubble gum machine) , Costco , etc ... not scared will shoot anything !
I have never worked professionally as a photographer and have no interest in it but old enough to never say never ..
Not too big on portraits, but love to shoot activities be it a ball game, reception, vacation , whatever.
01-29-2008, 07:21 PM   #14
Veteran Member

A Canuck in Paris

I was born in Toronto. Moved to LA, New York, Milan and am now based in Paris, France.

Ben
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Winnipeg, Manitoba

Home of the world's longest skating path (8.5 km).
I love my K10D and when the weather cooperates (currently windchill of minus 43 Deg. Celsius) I love to hike and photograph landscapes.
And of course, family events are always a must.

Consider myself an enthusiast with lots to learn and look into this forum several times a day. Exciting times we're living in..
Go, Pentax, Go!!!