Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Everyone is invited...

To my first exhibit in Fayetteville, Arkansas!

The community calendar for a local National Public Radio station has it posted:
KUAF Events Calendar

Evidently they'll be doing an article on the exhibit in the Arts section of The Morning News newspaper on Feb.16th too...

BTW, I spent the earlier part of this evening hanging my photos for the exhibit. Good news is that while I was hanging them, two people already asked me if I was selling my photos!

For some reason, the guys there REALLY liked the full sized image of my K10D+grip, 1.7x TC, and the FA* 300/2.8 attached...?

After all, everyone needs to know what took some of the pics... GO PENTAX...

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D  Photo 
02-01-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

This is amazing, Marc. Pity I could not attend your exhibition there. This would be so social if I could just visit!

The images sure would be outstanding as always. It is quite exhilirating to see people going into professional works. Keep us posted
02-01-2007, 10:48 PM   #3

Marc, this is awesome! You've put a lot of effort into this exhibit (and the others that you're preparing for) and I'm not just talking about the photo-taking part!

Do post some photographs of the exhibition. I'm sure you will receive much (well-deserved) praise for this! Keep us posted.

Nikhil
02-02-2007, 04:51 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations Marc. Best of luck with your exhibition.

02-02-2007, 06:44 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Congratulations Marc.

And, since I live over in Conway, I will be visiting the exhibition during the coming month.

Are you going to be present other than during the reception? If so, I'd like to shake your hand and visit a few minutes - maybe talk Pentax.

Dan
02-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks James!

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
This is amazing, Marc. Pity I could not attend your exhibition there. This would be so social if I could just visit!

The images sure would be outstanding as always. It is quite exhilirating to see people going into professional works. Keep us posted
I shall, and no worries about you not coming.... I just wanted everyone to know that they are welcome, regardless of location...

Cheers,
Marc
02-02-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Nikhil, Alan and Dan...

I really do appreciate your votes of confidence. Sometimes I sit on the fence about this...

This wasn't so much "showcasing" myself (by posting this) - it's truly a heartfelt invite to fellow photographers and forum members!

I wanted to prove to the local populace that our area outside the Ozark National forest is amazing too. However, just in the NW corner of the state, there's roughly 400,000 acres of National Forest, IIRC.

I plan to be very patient, though, since I've incurred a lot of costs for the two displays - around $1500. This keeps my feet grounded in reality. My day job pays the bills, although who knows what the future brings...

Dan: shoot me note when you think you'll be in town. I live only an 8 minute drive from the coffee shop. I would enjoy meeting you, and we can talk some shop....

Cheers,
Marc

02-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #8

Marc,
i think the tone of your post was about perfect. You didn't sound as if you were showcasing yourself at all. We are all here to learn what we can and from seeing your photos, alot of us can learn a thing or two from you. I appreciate you sharing this with us and would check it out if I was around - hmm, we have a sister division in Camden, maybe I could make a trip.

Best of luck with the exhibit,

Ed
02-02-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

How exciting!!!!! Wish I could go and see your exhibit, but hopefully you'll post some of the pictures here for us to enjoy.
02-02-2007, 02:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
awesome!

good luck with it, I am sure it is going to be a big hit

let us know how things go,

cheers

randy
02-03-2007, 09:24 AM   #11
Veteran Member

If I lived within a few hundred miles, I'd be there. The photos that you have posted (here and on the other site?; can't remember exactly where I saw them) were great; would love to see a full-blown exhibit. There is nothing like looking at a matted and framed print; to me, that's what photography is all about.
Best of luck and I hope that you sell them all!
02-19-2007, 10:26 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
thanks everyone!

The reception was a good turnout, and there were a couple of blurbs in the papers, including a photo in the center spread of the Arts section (called What's Up!).

I'll try to post some photos and the feedback soon.

Regards,
Marc
02-19-2007, 11:27 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Congrats on your exhibit Marc! That's awesome news! If the newspaper has a website to their article, please do post it up as well as photos that you or others may have taken!
02-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
scan of the newspaper article coming up

QuoteOriginally posted by Alvin Quote
Congrats on your exhibit Marc! That's awesome news! If the newspaper has a website to their article, please do post it up as well as photos that you or others may have taken!
Thanks Alvin!

I'll post a new thread with the scan from the newspaper...

Cheers,
Marc
02-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Nice camera + lens photo!