Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2008, 06:47 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ads that Pentax should run...

I heard "Pentax is dying!" one time too many the other day and I worked up an ad (concept) that I think Pentax should run.

Challenge: Do your best to come up with inventive and provocative Ad ideas. Pentax PR needs all the help they can get...

And Ned B, if you are reading this. Feel free to give any of these ideas to the new PR firm, with the understanding that the originator should get credit for the concept if it's used...

p.s. credit goes to Samuel Clemens for the paraphrase of his "rumours of..." comment...

Last edited by MRRiley; 06-13-2008 at 07:10 AM.
06-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #2

Remember when your dad got his first Pentax? Dad might have changed the body, but...

The lens works perfectly

Pentax. 24 Million lenses since 1957, every one a match for your DSLR

(i struggled to find a slogan. was way too busy with my new toys... yep, them )
06-13-2008, 12:22 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Mike, I don't think anybody can top that one. You nailed it!

Nakey, good one pointing out the legacy use.

CW
06-13-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good ones. If Pentax wanted to kill Canon and Nikon theres an easy ad. Remember people like 1 number to tell them what to buy (like megapixels). Heres the number Canon and Nikon can't match.

ad:

With Pentax, over 24 million lenses work with image stabilization. Canon and Nikon have what? 50 or so combined.

thanks
baronda

Check out POINT & SHOOT CONTEST 7 winners in P&S forum and enter P&S contest 8. Any camera type except slr. Any brand, Any subject.

06-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

How about ANY that say PENTAX and DSLR in the same thing
Heck look at the ones out now for the D60 and Xst.
06-13-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Good ideas, guys. But dang...now I feel that I have to think about advertising, just about my least favorite thing about modern life.
06-13-2008, 11:02 PM   #7
Veteran Member

That looks impressive but it seems to have that retro look ...

06-14-2008, 01:20 AM   #8
Veteran Member

What Pentax needs to do is re-run these classic ads:

YouTube - ???CM?ASAHI PENTAX ????

YouTube - [CM] PENTAX?????????????????????
06-14-2008, 04:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

While I didn't understand a word of that second video clip, I got the idea--a series of commercials featuring a globetrotter with her Pentax. Each commercial could highlight a specific feature of the Pentax that makes it stand out from other brands.

Heather
06-14-2008, 05:28 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hwblanks Quote
While I didn't understand a word of that second video clip, I got the idea
The basic concept behind all three commercials in that second clip were summed up by the closing words of the desert scene: 国境を越えて、言葉を超えて、人の心と心を結ぶ信頼の目印、アサヒペンタックス. Roughly, "Going beyond national borders and language barriers, joining together the hearts of people, Asahi Pentax is the symbol of trust".

The commercials said not one word about the camera itself. It is pretty traditional in Japanese commercials that the ad agency tries to create and sell a "feel" about the product rather than making an appeal based on explicitly touting the features or qualities of the product.
06-14-2008, 07:45 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Any time, Any place... Pentax.

(Images of photographers shooting in desert, rain forest and a monsoon)

No matter the occasion, no matter the weather... Pentax

(three photographers shooting, K20D firing away while 40D and D300 are dying due to the rain.)
06-14-2008, 08:58 AM   #12
Banned

I think the whole 'globetrotter' image that we all love from those old commercials (I myself adore beyond any means of explanation) really is the perfect image and 'feel' that pentax should be bringing to the market. that same feeling is part of the reason I first started with pentax and I still get that feeling every time I pick up any one of my pentax cameras. its a feeling that sticks with you and I think pentax really should re-capitalize on that. why just push a camera? push the feeling your camera can give a person. a professional is going to buy what he needs, but an amature (which arguably makes up most of the photographic population) can very easily become attached to the feeling a camera can give them. my pentax cameras do everything I need them to do and more but even if not I would be hard pressed to ever give them up. I gained that on my own but pentax would be very smart to try and give that to potential buyers, very smart.
06-14-2008, 09:58 AM   #13

QuoteOriginally posted by barondla Quote
<snip>
Remember when your dad got that Telephoto lens for his old Pentax? how he needed a tripod for sharp pics because of camera shake?

Pentax. 24 Million Lenses. Every one a match for your DSLR. Every one with Shake Reduction.

(this would work much better if i had an M 150mm. the M 50 F2 in the previous photo was used on the *ist DS for this one)

slightly OT: as part of another forum's camera user's get together, i saw someone with a K20D and that huge Silver lens in OPs picture. I think it's a 300mm F2.8. Damn sexy, i tell you.
06-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
Inactive Account

In 1957 we took our Asahiflex camera
added a pentaprism

and the worlds first modern SLR was born.

In 2008 we introduced the latest additions to our family. The K20D and K200D.

And every Pentax lens, including that one from 1957*, can be used on today's digital cameras.

Pentax

Everything else is just an imitation.
*Readily available adapter required for some lenses.

Last edited by straightshooter; 06-16-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: Edit text
06-14-2008, 06:21 PM   #15
Inactive Account

^ Ohhhh...like this one!

c[_]