Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2008, 08:03 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
canadian vs. us warranty?

Anyone know if the canadian warranty is honored by Pentax USA?
I'm wondering if it's worth an extra $35 for a US warranty (cameta vs. prodigital)?

10-18-2008, 08:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

pentax warranty is international so it's cool
Pentax Canada actually has a 2 year warranty
10-18-2008, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks. I didn't know the pentax 1yr warranty is international (though prodigital lists it that way). I thought they just did that to say you can send it back to Pentax Canada if there are problems...weird that Pentax Canada has a 2yr warranty though.
10-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

The 1st year is international, the 2nd year is Canadian. Though some distributors might play tricks on your 1st year international warranty if you didn't purchase from them.

10-18-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Veteran Member

some more interesting stuff looking into it, the International Warranty Card looks important
Pentax Imaging
Pentax Canada - Warranty Information
10-18-2008, 09:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k100d Quote
some more interesting stuff looking into it, the International Warranty Card looks important
Pentax Imaging
Pentax Canada - Warranty Information
from these links you can get US warranty (=international warranty card
to allow your camera purchased in Canada to be serviced in USA) w/o any hassles directly from Pentax USA, even if the dealer will not send you any warranty cards at all :

QuoteQuote:
If you bought your PENTAX product in another country, and you are coming to the United States, we can send you an International Warranty Card to cover your product while you are within the United States. You will need to send us the following items:
  1. A copy of your dated proof of purchase.
  2. The serial number on your PENTAX product (if it has one).
We will fill out an International Warranty Card and mail it to you. The time period and product coverage provided by the International Warranty Card is the same as the standard PENTAX Limited Warranty (as specified above).
10-19-2008, 05:05 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thanks for the information, I thought it was cool and ordered a k20d from prodigital ebay saturday. I had enough in my camera fund and couldn't resist

10-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
Thanks for the information, I thought it was cool and ordered a k20d from prodigital ebay saturday. I had enough in my camera fund and couldn't resist
did you win one of the auctions? it looks like a great deal, although they do reap in some profit on the side through the $40 shipping
01-03-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
Thanks. I didn't know the pentax 1yr warranty is international (though prodigital lists it that way). I thought they just did that to say you can send it back to Pentax Canada if there are problems...weird that Pentax Canada has a 2yr warranty though.
This is likely because the 2 year warranty is required by Law in Canada as canada likely has stronger consumer protection laws than in the United States.