Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To the GREAT Talent on the Forum!

I hope you don't mind my positive rant here, but when I was with Canon and saw the images by the photographers on the Canon Forums, the quality didn't come close to what appears here. I am so often awe struck by the quality and artfulness of the images posted on the Pentax Forum.

What an incredibly talented group of artistic photographers.

Bravo and my Fond and Best Wishes to All for this incredible Forum!

Ben

11-24-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I agree. I don't post here as much as I'd like to, but I've seen plenty of talent here. Too many to name.
11-24-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Syb
Veteran Member

Thanks. It is hard to keep up the quality of my work, but you are very kind to acknowledge it.

11-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Average level of pictures here is amazing. And benjikan, you certainly are one of the best with what you do!

11-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by krypticide Quote
Average level of pictures here is amazing.
My deepest apologies for dragging the average down whenever I post my photos. :ugh:

I have to say though that the level of skill and art displayed by the members' work here inspires, challenges and frustrates me to keep striving get even just a little bit better with every click of the shutter. And shear volume of sage advice freely given to anyone who is willing to listen and learn by the veterans, who could just as easily keep their hard earned knowledge to themselves, is frankly just plain awesome.
11-24-2008, 03:53 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Venturi Quote
My deepest apologies for dragging the average down whenever I post my photos. :ugh:
I'm with you. Mom always said I could serve as a bad example...
11-24-2008, 04:04 PM   #7
Damn Brit

That's good to hear coming from you Ben, thanks on behalf of all of us.
Not only are there great photographers on this forum, there are a lot of really good people also.
And this is definitely the best forum.

Last edited by Damn Brit; 11-24-2008 at 06:15 PM.
11-24-2008, 10:16 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking at the size and colour of the font you used, Ben, that came straight from the heart and I fully agree with you. It's what finally swayed me to go Pentax. I thought I knew a fair bit about photography when I joined, but I soon reached for a pin to prick that little bubble of ego. Now I'm enjoying learning all over again. And the companionship is truly wonderful.
11-25-2008, 01:40 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
I am so often awe struck by the quality and artfulness of the images posted on the Pentax Forum.

What an incredibly talented group of artistic photographers.

Bravo and my Fond and Best Wishes to All for this incredible Forum!

Ben
I agree 100%. Round of applause for everyone
11-25-2008, 04:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

I have no idea yet what it is that I do, but if I ever figure it out I aspire to be the Benjamin Kanarek or Marc Langille of it. Having truly talented folks like those and many other of our friends around certainly gives the rest of us inspiration, without which mere know-how (which we also get in abundance here) would be pretty useless.
11-25-2008, 05:53 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Thanks Ben and everyone else - Your talent while not really my cup of tea so to speak I can and do still apprecaite it.

I have not been in the (D)SLR world long but when I see what can be done with a great camera, great glass , cheap glass I know it comes down to talent and I know some of that technique can be learned, which gives me hope.

There is no shortage of talent and helpfulness on this forum and kudos to all. A lot of us have seen people on this forum go from recreational shooters of a flower to professional photographers and they still hang around, that speaks volumes to me about their talent and them as a person.
11-25-2008, 06:48 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Ben, you are really nice to do this. I often pick new ideas from the post pic section and the level of work there is outstanding.

It would be great to see more of your posting there too

I am backing off my own photo posts as their quality is going down the hill as suggested by my friends. The standard of the posting is getting quite high that some people like me are staying away from it
11-25-2008, 07:02 AM   #13

Great people, great forum, great pictures and one bloody great equipment..

Cheers everyone..!!
Nish
11-25-2008, 07:08 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I always catch these threads after all the good stuff was said. I agree with you all and Ben thanks ( I am sure you were talking about someone else ) I always find inpiration here in the pages. I have not been shooting much lately, kind of in a funk. But I am always looking here and know if I ask I can get help on what ever topic.

SO thanks Ben for the kind words for the group.
11-25-2008, 07:45 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You and me both Pat... LOL Yep, Thanks for the kudos Ben. It does mean a lot to many of us that you are free with advise and feedback. Doubt you'd find many Canon pros sullying themselves by participating in a forum like this.

And kudos to all of the great photographers here on PF. Even as one of the "old dogs," I'm constantly learning something new or being challanged to improve my photography!

Last edited by MRRiley; 11-26-2008 at 07:58 AM.