Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've been seeing more Pentax features in ads lately

I just got another email from B&H. It used to be that none of their ads had anything Pentax in them at all, or so it seemed. Now there seems to be something Pentax featured in quite a few of the emails and ads I get.

For example, the current one has an article linked on Pancake lenses. The two in the photo are the DA40 limited and the new Canon 40 copy-cat lens. When you go to the actual article this is what you see. Despite their efforts with photoshop that's a K-01 and a 40XS in that picture. The article then details pancake lenses and the first company profiled is Pentax.

Attached Images

12-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

No amount of Photoshop work will make the K-01 unrecognisable .

Good to see Pentax being promoted!
12-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mrNewt Quote
No amount of Photoshop work will make the K-01 unrecognisable .

Good to see Pentax being promoted!

It took me a minute when I first saw it. I said "I think I recognize that camera, now let me think.....hmmm....."
12-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Good news!

12-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Are you sure? It can't be a K-01 - there's no caption complaining about the lack of an EVF or the green button placement...

The last B&H newsletter had a white K-30 right at the top for an article about shooting in the cold. They said fairly nice things about the 'thirty.
12-27-2012, 09:45 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
Are you sure? It can't be a K-01 - there's no caption complaining about the lack of an EVF or the green button placement...

The last B&H newsletter had a white K-30 right at the top for an article about shooting in the cold. They said fairly nice things about the 'thirty.
I must have missed that one about the 30. Good that they are picking up on the all-weather aspect. As for it being a K-01, I think they avoided those sorts of comments by editing out the Pentax name plate on the camera
12-27-2012, 09:56 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The 'Pentax' logo jumped out at me. Soooooo good to see it, especially "above the fold", so to speak.

Link to article:
Holiday 2012: Solutions for Photographing in Cold Weather | BH inDepth

12-27-2012, 10:16 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Cool! Ive been seeing some more Pentax in German photography magazines. Reviews, but also ads for their DSLRs and K-01 and lenses. This is great, because back when I started looking for a K-r, the only Pentax presence I felt around here were P&S cameras, took a while before I could find a K-r in an actual store.