Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-23-2007, 07:44 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Kingsofronin saga - any news?

Ok - last we heard he apparently sold the same camera to 2 different members here, had received payments from both but had not delivered the camera to either person. Mo closed the thread so no one could go back to edit or remove posts. This was requested for possible future legal purposes, as I understand.

Please don't hold us in suspense if you have any more information to add to this saga. Did 'Kingsofronin' truly fraudulently dupe two members out of their hard earned money? Has he refunded either or both? Has either received the camera in question? Has he even contacted either of them, or anyone here for that matter? Did he skip town and move to Kentucky as he said he was intending? Let's hear it!

09-23-2007, 08:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Yea, I've been waiting for an update about this too. While this obviously doesn't impact me personally, I'm certainly curious after reading about it.

stewart
09-27-2007, 08:11 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I'm also interested in this. If he did in fact defraud the folks that posted regarding this, I hope that they do not let it slide and write it off. The tone of Kingsofronin's posts on this forum generally sounded quite immature; if he can be tracked down, it would be appropriate to let his parents know what he's up to, at the very least.
09-27-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
Forum Member

Aparently he is considering a switch to canon, since he has disgraced himself here.

He made a recent appearance here:
Potential Canon User - Canon Digital Photography Forums

09-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
If any members here are registered on that forum they should warn them that this guy is a poser and a thief.
09-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #6
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave Lee Quote
Aparently he is considering a switch to canon, since he has disgraced himself here.

He made a recent appearance here:
Potential Canon User - Canon Digital Photography Forums
I cant believe somebody is stupid enough to scam a couple of honest people in one forum and joint another one using the same name.
09-27-2007, 09:56 AM   #7
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's funny & sad Spam who posts here sometimes decide not to call the queen out on his seemingly criminal behavior here, as spam was "following his thread" on this forum. If the queen was a canon user and did that to canon members, and came to Pentax, I certainly wouldn't offer him a warm welcome as he was offered there on the canon board. I'd call him out if I knew of his activities. Puts spam in a different light to me now.

edit: never mind ... my bad ... I did not look @ the dates!

Last edited by m8o; 09-27-2007 at 12:31 PM.
09-27-2007, 10:08 AM   #8
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
It's funny & sad Spam who posts here sometimes decide not to call the queen out on his seemingly criminal behavior here, as spam was "following his thread" on this forum. If the queen was a canon user and did that to canon members, and came to Pentax, I certainly wouldn't offer him a warm welcome as he was offered there on the canon board. I'd call him out if I knew of his activities. Puts spam in a different light to me now.
I am not Spam advocate, actually I dont know him at all, but as far as I see, he did not participated in the scam thread and if you look closely the date of the posts in the canon forum they say that its warm welcome was 3 weeks ago (before the scam started if am not wrong). I think that it would be a good strategy to dont blame other people without being sure about what you are speaking about. Myself could blame you of dont joint the canon forum and warn the posters about the guy.
09-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gruoso Quote
I am not Spam advocate, actually I dont know him at all, but as far as I see, he did not participated in the scam thread and if you look closely the date of the posts in the canon forum they say that its warm welcome was 3 weeks ago (before the scam started if am not wrong). I think that it would be a good strategy to dont blame other people without being sure about what you are speaking about. Myself could blame you of dont joint the canon forum and warn the posters about the guy.
Actually, it looks to me like it was at about the same time he scammed two people here, he started shopping for a new 40d.
09-27-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
m8o
Veteran Member

It was around the same time but it definitely looks like the "warm welcome" occurred before the evidence of accepting duplicate payment for the body and delivery to neither. The question of timing didn't occur to me, nor did I look @ the dates. It seemed to me that what was going on here started a few weeks before then when it actually started; so I just assumed the canon post was after the posts here. I stand corrected Gruoso. My bad. And sorry Spam if you come upon this. You're still tops as far as Pentax critic [haters?] are concerned in my eyes. (Please pardon my dry British humor *)

Gruoso, I wouldn't join a Canon forum just to point-out what kind'a unethical kid queen is tho. That would be quite troll'ish as I don't have a vested interest. The i'net stalking would be justifiable to the principal protagonists in this saga imo tho.

* Disclaimer: I am neither British nor particularly dry...

Last edited by m8o; 09-27-2007 at 12:11 PM.
09-27-2007, 12:10 PM   #11
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave Lee Quote
Actually, it looks to me like it was at about the same time he scammed two people here, he started shopping for a new 40d.
To me Kingsofronin looks guilty since he was joint the Forum without clarifying the situation (ergo it was not a problem of incomunication). But I just think that in order to blame somebody else you need something more

I share with all of you the deception for what happened, I would love to think that I can buy in the Marketplace without having to deal with scammers, I just hope that this does not repeat again. At any case, I will check carefully who is the seller of the items that I am interested in. Fortunately I have been lucky so far.

Hope the buyers get the money back or the item.
09-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #12
m8o
Veteran Member

ya, can't get ever away from bbw.

I was considering buying a fa* 300 f/4 from someone here. It was international to me. I didn't like the vibe I was getting -- reluctance to provide good pix of the lens -- so I didn't go through with it.

btw Gruoso, your referral to what I first thought and said as blame is most certainly the wrong word. Loss of credibility was what it did in my eyes. Which has been corrected thanx to you. I'd go delete the post now that I know, but that would lead to a bunch of dangling replies and that wouldn't be right...
09-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #13
Not Registered

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
It was around the same time but it definitely looks like the "warm welcome" occurred before the evidence of accepting duplicate payment for the body and delivery to neither. The question of timing didn't occur to me, nor did I look @ the dates. It seemed to me that what was going on here started a few weeks before then when it actually started; so I just assumed the canon post was after the posts here. I stand corrected Gruoso. My bad. And sorry Spam if you come upon this. You're still tops as far as Pentax critic [haters?] are concerned in my eyes. (Please pardon my dry British humor *)

Gruoso, I wouldn't join a Canon forum just to point-out what kind'a unethical kid queen is tho. That would be quite troll'ish as I don't have a vested interest. The i'net stalking would be justifiable to the principal protagonists in this saga imo tho.

* Disclaimer: I am neither British nor particularly dry...
Sorry M80 I was editing the former post before I read yours (I am sluggish since my english is not among the best).

If I am honest I thought exactly the same than you when I read that thread and I was going to point out how low can somebody go to welcome somebody like Kingsofronin, but then I checked the dates and I step back.

Referring to the Canon stuff I just wanted to make a point not to blame you of being unethical. Actually i did not sign up in that forum (among other things because I saw that Kingsofronin is silent since then... perharps he changed his nickname).

Take care

PS I just see you posted again (damn I am slow ). I agree with you about some confussing posts in the marketplace and I have seen a couple of them lately. It looks specially wrong when they dont show pics on request.

BTW,I think that I have to correct the use that I do of "blame" (learning a language is a hard process).
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM   #14
m8o
Veteran Member

no prob... as I hope is evident by my liberal use of smileys, its all in good fun.

When I read "Ann Arbor" I think Michigan. Are you newly immigrated here? Welcome if so.
09-27-2007, 12:53 PM   #15
Inactive Account

I, too, am curious as to how this situation in the marketplace was resolved...if it has been.
Closed Thread