Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-17-2006, 08:00 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How did you come up with your handle.

Okay, question back. I had said forget it but changed my mind again.

It is interesting seeing how people come up with thier user name.

mine is my wife and my name together.

Genevieve (Vieve) + (trick) Patrick = vievetrick

Sound mushy but not something I have to worry about someone else having.

Last edited by vievetrick; 12-17-2006 at 07:04 PM. Reason: cleared my head.
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Falcons is the name of the football team I support - The mighty West Perth Falcons also known as the Garlic Munchers.

Perhaps I have a predisposition to being a Pentax Fanboy. (Are there any Fangirls?)
12-17-2006, 03:00 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

??? ?

"Forget it"--this editing stuff is annoying!

or maybe vievetrick=forget it????

Mine is initials, last name, birth year; incrdibly inventive and innovative, don'tcha think?
12-17-2006, 04:10 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Heh? Forget it? I'm confused. It's a fun question.

Foxgloves are in the genus Digitalis. I'd just bought a digital camera, I'm a bio-geek, it seemed obvious. When I registered at dpreview, "digitalis" was already taken so I chose foxglove and I'm rather glad I did. It's a little more subtle. I sort of wish I'd not got into the habit of signing my real name, so I could be all mysterious.

Julie

12-17-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote

Foxgloves are in the genus Digitalis. I'd just bought a digital camera, I'm a bio-geek, it seemed obvious. When I registered at dpreview, "digitalis" was already taken so I chose foxglove and I'm rather glad I did. It's a little more subtle. I sort of wish I'd not got into the habit of signing my real name, so I could be all mysterious.

Julie
I like that a lot Julie! Mine is utterly boring - initial plus nickname...
12-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I've been writing a weekly email newsletter for the past 10 years regarding my engineering skewed, metals biased observations on being a parental unit. The name of the newsletter is the A&T Update. My wife's name is Amy and mine is Tim (A&T). Besides letting the boss think she has top billing, reverse the letters and you will see I really didn't want my name first anyways.

Tim
12-17-2006, 06:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

my name is Dave, last name starts with Sz.

12-17-2006, 08:01 PM   #8
Inactive Account

For 38 years I was an over the road long haul tractor trailer driver and my CB. Handle was originally commercial tramp and was later Shortened to just Tramp. Now retired from driving and have more time for my photography, hence the Photo Tramp.
It's better then some of the things I was called . And My handle was put on the bug shield of my 4x4 just to keep my wife from driving it. I guess she didn't want to seem like it was advertising. I'm dead!!!

Good Shooting.
Cheers: David
12-17-2006, 08:26 PM   #9
Veteran Member

I took the soft option and used my name with an extra 'e' as its the first letter of my surname...
12-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #10
Veteran Member

I always liked the Ruger RedHawk..... and I own a couple of them. I have tried to get this user name in a couple of other forums but it was always taken. The other name I have used and still use in misc. forums is HogRider because I ride a Harley.
12-17-2006, 09:10 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The first forum I ever posted on was Bentrider On Line. It is a recumbent bicycle forum. I imported a Dutch recumbent bike made by Optima. It is a low racer ( seat is 12" off the ground). The rider is nearly horizontal (~ 25 degree seat angle). I can ride under railroad crossing bars. The bike is called a Baron. Added my initials and you have it. Need to post a bike pic one day. The Baron cost about 3.5 K10D kits. Ouch.
thanks
barondla
12-17-2006, 10:32 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Digoxin

QuoteOriginally posted by foxglove Quote

Julie

And Digoxin is the generic name most commonly used to treat Atrial Fibrillation or any cardiac arrythmia. In the old time, europeans used foxclove to treat a lot of "chest palpitations".

Major trade name is Lanoxin and it is most commonly used in elderly for the aforementioned conditions.

Julie, that was a good name, both therapeutic and beautiful
12-17-2006, 10:36 PM   #13
Veteran Member

"Roentarre" is a traditional French Noble name. It was actually in fact used in one of my favorite science fiction novel called Intergallaxy war, 70 volumes written in Japanese. This guy was one of the two "pillar" generals of the gallaxy empire - a composed individual with a tragic past, baggage of a dysfunction family and war-torn childhood, entailing a story of great character's downfall intertwined with conspiracy and betrayal, ending in his death fighting a war with his best friend.

I found the name interesting and the story compelling. Hence my fascination with his surname.

12-18-2006, 08:03 AM   #14
Ed in GA

Mine's fairly self explanatory.
12-19-2006, 08:21 AM   #15

Well.......

Sorry I couldn't be more original