Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I'm in love

...with Medium format. Oh my how nice a WLF is. I just picked this up at the local camera shop. Had to share. haha

2 rolls of 400NC and 1 roll of 160NC

01-15-2008, 03:58 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Shoot some slide film and look at it through a loupe on a light table. Go to the toilet beforehand so you don't wet your pants in front of everybody.
01-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
haha, your right mike. Just imagine some an 8x10 or a 4x5 slide of Velvia 50 on a light table. Oh my.
01-15-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
Veteran Member

As much as I love shooting with the medium format camera I'd love to see the image quality that I could get through a 8x10 or even a 4x5.

I'm watching out for a large format camera, but sure don't care to pay KEH's prices at this time.

01-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Those Yashica Mat-124's were (are) nice. Wish I still had mine...
01-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #6
Inactive Account

If Johnny Cabinetmaker could crank out a large format camera at the turn of the last century, I'm sure I could knock one up myself.
01-16-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Whoa ! Nice one Tyler !

The oldest one I have is this one :

Haven't have time to firgure it all out yet . I found a shop which is 2 hours away dealing with this . One of these day I have to make a trip to sort it all out !

I am very sure it's a Baby Speed Graphic . It was a gift to me from a friend

01-16-2008, 10:21 PM   #8

Awesome, Dantuyhoa! I love old cameras.
01-17-2008, 07:06 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Those are gorgeous! I have a Diacord TLR, plus a bunch of folders... the oldest that I use regularily and my favorite is this Bessa 66 from 1938:

Here's a sample of the Good Bokeh from the Diacord (apropos that 7 page long bokeh thread over at lenses)

Last edited by Nesster; 01-17-2008 at 08:17 AM. Reason: the photo wasn't coming through
01-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #10
Veteran Member

blk_chic : Thanks . A friend's relatvie passed away so he gave it to me thinking I would do it good .

Nesster : That Bessa is quite nice . Good shot too . Please post some more photos . A pocket folder would be my next project .

Mike

Thanks for the advice on the trigger . The last few months I was busy with work but I managed to get the remote and the hotshoe adapter . Searching for a hotshoe adapter with PC was quite an adventure in itself . Trying to tell people about the PC connector is like admitting you saw an UFO !

Anyway I can't wait till playing with it .

Tran
01-18-2008, 04:03 AM   #11
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
As much as I love shooting with the medium format camera I'd love to see the image quality that I could get through a 8x10 or even a 4x5.

I'm watching out for a large format camera, but sure don't care to pay KEH's prices at this time.
If you want 4 X 5 these cameras get great ratings and look cool too! Brand spankin' new for under $800 is very reasonable. All you would need is a lens.
01-18-2008, 07:06 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I would look into getting something more like this, Item Detail - TY1145 - 45CX View Camera they are great 4x5's. I know a kid who is my age (15) and shoots one of these. Hes amazing. He also shoots with his Hasselblad 500c/m with an 80mm, 150mm and the $3000+ 30mm CFi Fisheye. Hes nuts. No digital for him anymore. You can see his site here Jordan Conway Photography
01-18-2008, 07:38 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dantuyhoa Quote

Mike

Thanks for the advice on the trigger . The last few months I was busy with work but I managed to get the remote and the hotshoe adapter . Searching for a hotshoe adapter with PC was quite an adventure in itself . Trying to tell people about the PC connector is like admitting you saw an UFO !

Anyway I can't wait till playing with it .

Tran

I had the same experience at a large camera/electronics store here. I almost never got the sales lady to understand what the hell a pc adapter is. I finally realized that if I didn't see it myself on the shelf, then they didn't have it. The hotshoe to male pc connector (as for mounting a flash) are easy to find here, and I have about four of them. The hotshoe to female adapter (for mounting on the camera) are IMPOSSIBLE to find via normal stores here in Japan. I had to import one from China (Gadget Infinity), and when it arrived it didn't work. I had to take it apart and fiddle with all the connections to make it operational. And it has a high plastic flange around the top which makes it impossible to mount a remote radio trigger. I'm going to have to buy a file and file down the plastic flush with the top of the mount. Fortunately, I was able to modify my radio receiver to improve reliability from a dismal 25~40% to nearly 100%. The trick is to not use the pc connector on the receiver. Instead I cut off the phono plug and cut off the pc connector of the hotshoe adapter and directly soldered them together into a single unit.
01-18-2008, 01:35 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Tran, do you mean pics with or of old cameras? LOL

Here's some camera fetishism:
Camera fetishism - a photoset on Flickr
01-19-2008, 01:29 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Mike

I have this

Hama | Hot Shoe Adapter 2 - Hot Shoe with PC (Male) | HA-6952

Though after I got it I found out that Adorama does have it under different brand , much cheaper !

I'm also luck out that my old Holgon 2800SC having a mini mono plug so I use that to trigger other slave flashes . I figure if the Holgon has this feature , so must some other flash around that era . Hence comes the 10-buck Promaster FT1700 .

Speaking of Promaster : They do make a TTL Off Camera Cord ( 4 contacts ) that allows me to use the flash with TTL on DS or manual in K10D , provided the trigger voltage being fine . I found it in an old bin along with old 10-buck 330FTZ ! The Promaster cord does have hotshoe adapter for the camera and flash at both ends so that is all in one unit .

Thanks for the trick on adapting the adapter . I might have to try it one day .. just because I am curious

Nesster

You are beyond helps , sir .

Very nice collection you have there . I'm interested in some 6x9 folder so feel free to send me one .

I guess it's only fair to show you my flickr . LOL !

Flickr: Photos from dantuyhoa