Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-15-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Thoughts for Cebu, Philippines

This morning my thoughts go to the people living in the vicinity of Cebu, Philippines.

I wish you the best of luck and lots of courage facing this major catastrophe.

Dozens dead as magnitude-7.1 earthquake hits the Philippines - CNN.com

Marc

10-15-2013, 11:09 AM - 1 Like   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I was born and raised there. My folks were scared but fortunately they are all ok. My thoughts and prayers go to everyone who is sufferring.
10-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My wife is from Cebu - in fact she is there now, visiting her parents. She's pretty rattled (along with their house!), but otherwise ok. At the moment, they have electricity, but no running water. Really a shame about those historic old churches being destroyed or damaged. It was somewhat fortunate that the quake happened during a holiday, otherwise the dead & injured totals could have been much worse. Best wishes & prayers to the folks over there.
10-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
I was born and raised there. My folks were scared but fortunately they are all ok. My thoughts and prayers go to everyone who is sufferring.
Heyyy same here! Born, bred, and spent half my life there . Thankfully, as far as I know, all my friends and fam seem to be fine as well. They even continued on with my grandfather's 93rd birthday celebration despite the 7.2 quake + all those aftershocks...Sadly, Bohol didn't fare so well. I read the death toll is now up to 144 (134 from Bohol, 9 from Cebu, and 1 from Siquijor), with still more missing . Praying for everyone's safety...But the people are resilient, and they always rise up from catastrophe.

QuoteOriginally posted by paulh Quote
My wife is from Cebu - in fact she is there now, visiting her parents. She's pretty rattled (along with their house!), but otherwise ok. At the moment, they have electricity, but no running water. Really a shame about those historic old churches being destroyed or damaged. It was somewhat fortunate that the quake happened during a holiday, otherwise the dead & injured totals could have been much worse. Best wishes & prayers to the folks over there.
What crappy timing to be on holiday there for your wife! And crazy how they've been having strong aftershocks all throughout the day Tuesday until Wednesday afternoon/evening, too! I hope it really is all over and done with now.