Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2008, 07:07 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Christmas Gift for Peter Zack

Hello everyone:

My name is Mary Zack and I am Peter's wife. I myself and not into photography but I support my husband 100%. He is a great photographer along with being a wonderful human being and my best friend too....okay so enough of that...hehe

So the reason to why I am here is I would like to buy my husband something related to his photography for Christmas but there is so much out there that it is difficult to make an educated purchased when you yourself are not the photographer and would like to keep the gift a surprise.

Peter has mentioned he would like another hard drive over 200 gb, so that is an option.

I would love some input, and ideas as to what is out there that Peter could use.

I would great appreciate your time.

Thanks
Mary

10-26-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
Ed in GA

QuoteOriginally posted by Mary Quote
Hello everyone:

My name is Mary Zack and I am Peter's wife. I myself and not into photography but I support my husband 100%. He is a great photographer along with being a wonderful human being and my best friend too....okay so enough of that...hehe

So the reason to why I am here is I would like to buy my husband something related to his photography for Christmas but there is so much out there that it is difficult to make an educated purchased when you yourself are not the photographer and would like to keep the gift a surprise.

Peter has mentioned he would like another hard drive over 200 gb, so that is an option.

I would love some input, and ideas as to what is out there that Peter could use.

I would great appreciate your time.

Thanks
Mary
Do you want the suggestions done publicly here? Or, do you want them in the form of a PM?

Ed
10-26-2008, 07:39 PM   #3
Damn Brit

Well, he obviously doesn't need a new wife.
Boy he's a lucky man.
10-26-2008, 07:45 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Hi Pentaxians???

I would prefer to receive these as a private message...so Peter can't peek.

Thanks...need all the help I can get.

Mary

Last edited by Mary; 10-27-2008 at 12:43 AM.
10-27-2008, 03:34 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Very sneaky. I like your style Mary
10-27-2008, 03:55 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Well, he obviously doesn't need a new wife.
Boy he's a lucky man.
Very funny Gary.
Good luck Mary, your toughest decission is yet to come - choosing one of the options you'll be given in the PMs.
Peter, you'll be sneaking looks at this thread and its gonna "kill" you wondering what it will be.
10-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Send him on an errand to Montreal and say, "Oh....I thought you said you wanted a hard drive over 200 km"

P.S.

We're kinda fond of him too

P.P.S.

Guys....if my wife ever asks, the answer is "Joya De Nicaragua"

10-27-2008, 05:31 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Peter is a great guy and has been very helpful to me. What a great idea you have here, and I am sure you will get a bunch of ideas from the group. I would also nominate you for the president of the support group for spouses of Pentax/photographer hobbyists like this bunch.
10-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #9
Veteran Member

I suggest a whole stack of Canon and Nikon stickers **PM sent**
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
I would also nominate you for the president of the support group for spouses of Pentax/photographer hobbyists like this bunch.
I 2nd the nomination!

PM to be sent soon, Mary.
10-27-2008, 09:47 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mary,I have to say, all the way from Australia, what a thoughtful wife you are.
I have found Peter to be a great friend too,. Alll the best with your shopping for your man.

Now, if I can just get my wife to get onto the Forums and .............
10-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Very funny Gary.
Good luck Mary, your toughest decission is yet to come - choosing one of the options you'll be given in the PMs.
Peter, you'll be sneaking looks at this thread and its gonna "kill" you wondering what it will be.
QuoteOriginally posted by dazman Quote
Very sneaky. I like your style Mary
QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Mary,I have to say, all the way from Australia, what a thoughtful wife you are.
I have found Peter to be a great friend too,. Alll the best with your shopping for your man.

Now, if I can just get my wife to get onto the Forums and .............
Hi Folks:

You all are really amazing!!! Maybe I should take up Photography so I get to talk to you guys a bit!! You are all so helpful, informative, and very humourous as well. Everytime I check this site I get a chuckle from all your replies.

To reply to all of you, I think that Peter's hobby as a Photographer is great, in my opinion I feel that we all look at things way too fast in this fast paced world we live in and do not always take the time to realize how precious things can be, from the simple to the complex and you all with taking photographs you have all given us..(non-photographers) something that will last a lifetime in many ways, it is very hard to express how beautiful something can be the only thing that can come remoting close is photography, so my hats off to all of you and all the hard work you do, and how it shows in all your pictures how you love it as well...PS...I check out the pictures often with Peter...the only thing I really know about them is the horizon...listening to Peter...hehe

Peter is aware I am on this forum...which I think is amazing. He knows that I am asking about Xmas gifts, but he is not snoopy like me, he will not see what it is I have purchased, but I think I will keep it a secret until Xmas day, and then I will let you all know...Hey maybe I could start a thread on getting what it might be for fun...hehe.

Anyways I look forward to all your responses...I actually look forward to them. Maybe I should get a Pentax for Xmas, no offense to Nikon or Canon, but I think I am a Pentax gal.

Ciao for now
Mary
10-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Wow, you are definitely a very supportive spouse. A photography present for hubby! That is a very nice thing to do.

PM sent.
10-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #14
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Mary Quote
Maybe I should take up Photography so I get to talk to you guys a bit!! You are all so helpful, informative, and very humourous as well. Everytime I check this site I get a chuckle from all your replies.
You can drop by either way, if you appreciate the value of photography (which you obviously do) you will be welcomed here with open arms.
10-28-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Mary, I think Peter got the X-Mas gift of a lifetime when he married you.

That being said and knowing that Peter likes shooting weddings, I'm going to see if I can come up with something specific that will help make his wedding and event photgraphy even more of a joy for him to shoot.