Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

What's up with Prodigital2000 these days?

Want to get the 540 flash and noticed they didn't have any even though they have a picture of it on the Store homepage.
then for "limited" lenses, and most of the FA limiteds are all gone (Best price online). they still have plenty of DA35s tho
looks like they're dumping K20D's at ridiculous prices
meanwhile they're starting to sell stuff like Nikon D700's?

10-27-2008, 12:24 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I don't know but last time I've checked they were accepting ridiculously low offers for fa50mm...
10-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It's possible they may be getting out of carrying Pentax and dumping their existing stock.
10-27-2008, 01:31 PM   #4
Veteran Member

That would certainly be a shame.
With the Canadian dollar where it is, this is one of the only retailers to have consitantly low prices for Canadians. That I have found at least.

10-27-2008, 02:46 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I don't know, k100d, but it bodes ill for me. I ordered a 540 last week, got an email from UPS last Thursday saying that the order was created and then an email from UPS today saying the shipment was voided or something. Damn, I better call tomorrow.
10-27-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dkittle Quote
I don't know, k100d, but it bodes ill for me. I ordered a 540 last week, got an email from UPS last Thursday saying that the order was created and then an email from UPS today saying the shipment was voided or something. Damn, I better call tomorrow.
too bad don, their communication is kind of sketchy but i've been lucky on both of my orders. all of the lenses i use i've bought from them.
guess i'll have to get my flash somewhere else
10-28-2008, 05:03 AM   #7
Veteran Member

ProDigital customer service SUCKS P E R I O D

10-28-2008, 01:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

i'm getting sick of their shipping ..... from Stratford to Toronto it takes about 1-2 days of shipping, but it's taken them 3 days now to even get my shipment out royal pain in the ass
10-28-2008, 01:37 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
their shipping is very irregular but worth it
the first time i ordered, it took a week. the second time, it was almost 3 weeks
10-28-2008, 03:16 PM   #10
Inactive Account

I just tentatively won a bid on a 50-135; tried the "Make an Offer" button and probably offered not aggressively enough because it was accepted. Did notice afterwards that the auction doesn't explicitly state "New" so I'm waiting for confirmation on that item before making final payment.

That'll teach me to jump on an auction just before going to sleep without reading the fine print...
10-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
I just tentatively won a bid on a 50-135; tried the "Make an Offer" button and probably offered not aggressively enough because it was accepted. Did notice afterwards that the auction doesn't explicitly state "New" so I'm waiting for confirmation on that item before making final payment.

That'll teach me to jump on an auction just before going to sleep without reading the fine print...
I don't think Prodigital2000 sells any "used" equipment; if you win the bid at a good price point, you will do good.

It appears that something is going on with Prodigital2000 lately - I think it has something to do with the Canadian $ exchange rate that they have to take some drastic measures to unload the stock of Pentax gear they have. I certainly do not hope that they are abandoning Pentax in favour of Nikon, since I think they certainly did their job to keep Pentax gear price in check at least in Canada anyway.
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
I don't think Prodigital2000 sells any "used" equipment; if you win the bid at a good price point, you will do good.

It appears that something is going on with Prodigital2000 lately - I think it has something to do with the Canadian $ exchange rate that they have to take some drastic measures to unload the stock of Pentax gear they have. I certainly do not hope that they are abandoning Pentax in favour of Nikon, since I think they certainly did their job to keep Pentax gear price in check at least in Canada anyway.

I just talked to one of their reps today - kinda surprising that I got them on the phone, Ive heard that's not too common... Anyway, the guy said that they've had an incredible run on Pentax stuff, mostly from the states, and its been hard to keep things in stock. I had paid for two days shipping for my K20D, but they guy said that there was 'no reason' to send the camera if the lens I ordered also wasn't in stock (!) I informed him that I have lots of lenses, and wanted the body right away, which is why I paid for 2-day shipping. He said the body would go in the mail tomorrow and I'd see tracking info in my email tomorrow.

Kinda flaky when it comes to customer service and shipping, but do they ever have nice prices, and the other two lenses I ordered from them were new and perfect. Its a trade-off - they save $ in shipping + cust service, and pass some of those savings on to you.

They certainly are not scam artists or anything like that.

10-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #13
Dan
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
I just talked to one of their reps today ... Anyway, the guy said that they've had an incredible run on Pentax stuff, mostly from the states, and its been hard to keep things in stock. ...
Well, I'm one of those folks creating the run. I have an offer pending on a K20D and plan to pick up some more lenses. With their prices I'm like a kid in a candy shop!

Someone has to keep the economy afloat.

Dan
10-28-2008, 08:44 PM   #14
Veteran Member

i contacted the buyers of the same item# as me, and he informed that his lens was already shipped and that he would get it tomorrow. now come on, that's ridiculous no? this guy purchased it about 3 hours before i did and he gets at least an entire ahead of me on shipping??? not like i sent payment a week later, in fact, about 20mins later
10-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #15
Veteran Member

oh man, i read some feedback how someone sent payment on saturday and received their item today. what a jip, and mine hasn't even been sent yet ...... COME ON!!!!! REALLY?!?!

as you can tell, i'm losing my mind