Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

Probably old, but this was the first time I'd seen it. Photo_dad sent it to me from one of his plane forums.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

04-26-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
Inactive Account

Yes it is old. DOesn't matter. I laughed just as much as when I saw it the first time. Highlights...
4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

The last one just as one thought it was over...

thank you Tracy,
04-26-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
Yes it is old. DOesn't matter. I laughed just as much as when I saw it the first time. Highlights...

The last one just as one thought it was over...

thank you Tracy,
Glad you got a giggle from it, Jonas! Photo_dad said that one of the replies in the thread where he got it was

"Newbie here - what's a lightbulb!"
04-26-2007, 03:55 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Question.... How many divorced men does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer...... No One Knows, They never get the house so they never have a chance to find out

04-26-2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
Question.... How many divorced men does it take to change a light bulb?

Answer...... No One Knows, They never get the house so they never have a chance to find out
Hi Little Laker! That one is great. Thanks for another giggle!
04-26-2007, 06:01 PM   #6
Forum Member

This post is great. I'm going to bump it again in, oh, about six months!

04-26-2007, 06:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

LOL - very funny - going to have to print and share this one...

04-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
Probably old, but this was the first time I'd seen it. Photo_dad sent it to me from one of his plane forums.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
1 to move it to the Lighting section
2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum
11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"
Isn't this a photography forum?

04-26-2007, 07:08 PM   #9
Veteran Member

What do the 360FGZ, 540FGZ, EF500 DG, Vivitar 283, Sunpak 333, Metcatz w/e w/e etc..all have in common?

04-27-2007, 05:38 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Tracy, I never read this one before. Thans for the Friday morning laugh.
04-28-2007, 04:08 AM   #11
Veteran Member

This is really funny, Tracy. A great sense of humour. This summarises the forum very well, especially for the last few months.
04-28-2007, 04:50 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Wait, wait!
QuoteOriginally posted by photo_mom Quote
1 forum regular to call the lurker a necro.
1 moderator to lock the thread.
Fixed.