Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Pictures from Group Astrophotography
Lovejoy from this morning. Moved about 1.5km from home, next to the Otaki River Estuary. No lights. Alpha Centauri top, right of centre.
From pixelsaurus
Lovejoy1
From pixelsaurus
SolEclipse8 23 wideangle
From pixelsaurus
SolEclipse8 23
From pixelsaurus
SolEclipse8 18
From pixelsaurus
Okay, this was my third stacked photo.  I know the stars away from the center are seriously distorted.  Please someone tell me why.  Again, like the...
From GWARmachine
I know I'm getting some lens distortion here and I'm not quite sure why.  I've read that stopping down the lens will produce sharper images so that...
From GWARmachine
HERE IT IS!  Andromeda Galaxy.  My very first stacked photo.  I know it's not perfect but  this was my very first attempt and I think it turned out...
From GWARmachine
K-5, Sigma APO HSM70-200 @ 118mm f/3.2, ISO 800, 180second single exposure.  Tracked with AstroTrac.
From GWARmachine
Best Orion...so far.  Still working on getting rid of those blue halos. 

K-5, Quantaray 70-300 @ 300mm f/4.5, ISO 1600, 180sec single exposure. ...
From GWARmachine
By the light of the Moon!  It was only a half moon this night too. 

K-x, 10mm f/6.3 ISO 800, 30sec exposure.  No PP.
From GWARmachine
Shot on a half-moon-lit night and then adjusted in photoshop.  Not bad I guess.  The original shot looked like a sunny afternoon. 

K-x, DA10-17...
From GWARmachine
The Great Galaxy in Andromeda 

Pentax K-5, Quantaray lens @300mm f/5.6, ISO 800, 240sec single exposure. Tracked with AstroTrac.
From GWARmachine