Picture 7 of 33 from Group *ist D Series Users
2010.09.29<br />
buried bridges
buried bridges
Picture Added: 09-30-2010 02:51 PM
Picture By: uccemebug

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 7 of 7
  1. uccemebug
    When Tokyo needed an expressway system for the Olympics, they built elevated highways atop the rivers. Many wonderful old stone bridges were buried in the process.

This neighbourhood is "Nihombashi", "Japan Bridge", so named for one of the better now-buried bridges.
  2. stillshunter
    What a shame!!! A beautiful little bridge under there. I like your perspective, as it's really shown the pursuit of the new and shiny shadowing the tried and true.
  3. uccemebug
    Sad thing is that all of that new crap's going to have to come down.
  4. jheu02
    Great leading lines.
  5. uccemebug
  6. RobG
    I used to take the JR bus from Kashima into Tokyo eki - there was a spot where many layers of flyers intersected which I always wanted to photograph but getting back to the place would be difficult. Thanks for posting this!
  7. uccemebug
    Yes, there are quite a lot of those places. When I first came to Tokyo I was put up in a hotel where I had a view of an interchange with four layers of traffic plus the ramps and connections.