Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Picture 24 of 33 from Group *ist D Series Users
2010.09.05<br />
My son Kenny, at a dance performance. He was paying attention but naturally when I tried to photograph him he became distracted.<br /> <br />
Image purists, note the limited ability of the *istDS to deal with low light at ISO 1600.
My son Kenny, at a dance performance. He was paying attention but naturally when I tried to photograph him he became distracted.

Image purists, note the limited ability of the *istDS to deal with low light at ISO 1600.
Picture Added: 09-06-2010 01:33 PM
Picture By: uccemebug

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 4 of 4
  1. stillshunter
    Yeah well I suppose if we were purely in this to pixel peep we'd be shooting Canikon FF....or I'd have traded my car in for a 645D. Hmmm...the latter is a BIG temptation

Nice mood and lighting - and you get the detail that your boy is in an audience. I like it!!!!
  2. uccemebug
    My wife's quite pleased, too. She seems to think that too many of the photos I make of the boy are documentary rather than engaged. But how do you engage a two-and-a-half-year-old for even 1/40s?

As for the camera's ability, I wouldn't have wanted to deal with all of the grain and colour distortion of IS1600 film. There was next to no light, there, the only light coming from a distant stage.
  3. Jools
    I like this one a lot, noise and all. In fact, all of your offerings have been quite interesting to view.
    I'm with you on going for B+W when using 1600 ISO; better than dealing with all the color noise.
  4. casil403
    Lovely shadows you caught in ths image.