Picture 21 of 33 from Group *ist D Series Users
2010.09.14<br />
waiting in yokohama
waiting in yokohama
Picture Added: 09-14-2010 05:01 AM
Picture By: uccemebug

Showing Picture Comments 1 to 13 of 13
  1. mdf
    I like it, seems to me a beautiful mix of new and old.
  2. stillshunter
    Great street-shot. I also like the contrast between the pace of life for the cyclists - where there is time to take in the view and chat with friends vs the blurred movement and anonymity of the blurred train. Also nice B+W PP here. Congratulations.
  3. uccemebug
    Thanks, guys. I went on a ~50-60km cycle trip yesterday, taking a rare break from my various initiatives. Took 150 frames along the way and decided that this was my photo for this challenge.

The coloured original is here:

http://i.emuu.net/i/2010/09/201009149096.jpg
  4. Duh_Vinci
    Very nice street shot, perfect B&W conversion too, well done!
  5. uccemebug
    Thanks, Duh_Vinci! I've posted more pics from the same cycle trip on my website.
  6. jackassp
    Wow wow wow. Just delicious. Congrats. --> PPG?
  7. Bramela
    I enjoy everyday street scenes. You capture them very well. Love the B&W
  8. casil403
    Great street shot!
  9. uccemebug
    This city makes it easy, I have to confess. Everyone's on the street since there's no room for cars. Scenes like this wait around every corner, even in relatively less central locations like this one. Maybe a silver lining for North America's need to start building denser cities will be better street photography and less of the endless car-based landforms. 8^)
  10. reeftool
    Very nice street scene and the motion blur of the train is just perfect.
  11. urje
    love this! Japan through your eyes is a brilliant place for good photos. and I agree with you that US suburban sprawl is a rather horrible way of filling up a country... But it's so big, there's tons of wilderness as well. Here in the Netherlands, all our landscapes are shaped by human influences, but at least they're diverse!
  12. RobG
    I like the scene, but the only thing I find distracting is the cut-off sign at the top. It tends to draw my eye too much because it's not all there. All the other lines in the image push the eye toward the top.
  13. uccemebug
    You know, you're right, Rob. I hadn't seen it before now....